JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Put it through it's paces. See if it has any kinks. Work out any bugs.

for instance. When I buy a pistol I take it out and run it. It has to go 500 rounds without a hiccup before I will conceal carry it. To make sure of the above mentioned. And make sure the magazines are good to go. Once in a while You will get a bad mag. No point in having the worlds most reliable pistol if the mags are crap and don't properly feed

everyone does things differently. That's just what I do. If potentially that "life saving tool" might save you life. Make sure it's capable of saving your live when the time come

For me it depends on the purpose of the build. The only AR I currently have is my "go to war" rifle, so I spent real money on the parts that count. Criterion barrel and Young's Mfg BCG so that I could have high-end hard chromed parts there. Aero upper because that just needs to be in spec and sturdy, 80 lower for similar reasons. Leupold HAMR for now but at some point it will probably be replaced by an ELCAN. If I'm going to rely on a rifle for home defense or SHTF I want the important parts to be as good as I can get. If I were building a range toy or a gopher gun, it wouldn't matter so much. Something breaking on one of those is a bummer but not the end of the world. But then, my range toys are all much older guns.

Put it through it's paces. See if it has any kinks. Work out any bugs.

for instance. When I buy a pistol I take it out and run it. It has to go 500 rounds without a hiccup before I will conceal carry it. To make sure of the above mentioned. And make sure the magazines are good to go. Once in a while You will get a bad mag. No point in having the worlds most reliable pistol if the mags are crap and don't properly feed
I'll buy a Glock and without even firing a round I would have full faith in chambering it and tucking it in my waistband. Here come all the haters!

Some people take it to the extreme. They number there mags and keep logs of malfunctions and track them. Finding root cause and sh*t trying to separate weapon malfunctions from mag related malfunctions. Then they pitch the mags. I don't get that crazy but I will keep a mental log. If I get malfunctions I'll focus in on that mag and if it continues. And it's def a mag related problem. Then trash can they go. Or give them to your buddies who like free stuff. And watch them pull there hair out when there gun is jammed hahaha

Last Edited:
Lemons come in all products from vehicles to guns.

Funny thing, I won't buy an Aimpoint optic or equivalent.

Screw that.

There's plenty of optics for far less cost with good enough quality.

So, now I'm using the the 'low end' argument for optics many reserve for their low end AR's.

I guess it all balances out...

Sure if you don't mind giving your money to a the commies, personally I go out of my way to avoid it.

I have a high end Knights Armament fancy, smancy Ar-15
and also have cheap bushmaster Ar's.
the cheap bushmaster is just as dependable and accurate as the Knights Armament.
If i break the BCG in the Knights Armament, thats gonna be a problem as its a E-3 proprietary bolt group, doesnt interchange with a standard BCG.

This is why I haven't made that leap, I don't want to deal with anything proprietary.

I sure would like to see 80% A1 or A2 fixed carry handle uppers :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
They're the one type thats usually more money than the A4 FlatTop style that just about everyone offers
I got a large pin carry handle upper for free, at some point it's getting a Nodak Spud 80% lower. But there aren't a lot of large pin options to start with.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top