JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw somewhere a while back had trade-in SIGs for like 300 bucks. Does anybody know if they are still around or where to get one? I have the money and REALLY want one now...

are they good guns? I looked on Gunbroker.com and they look like most were made around '79. Seems kinda old...Are they worth the money? Im trying to get rid of just OK guns and narrow it down to just a few Good guns.

are they good guns? I looked on Gunbroker.com and they look like most were made around '79. Seems kinda old...Are they worth the money? Im trying to get rid of just OK guns and narrow it down to just a few Good guns.

I'm just not a sig fan, but I know that Jenny loves hers! I've heard good things from owners of them, there's nothing really cheap about them, they were just so inexpensive at the time because there was a huge surplus of them.

Its not that they are poorly manufactured. Its that the ones you usually find for sale have been "refurbished" beat up metal with a new finish. You know the old saying....Cant polish a turd. It will however fire like any othe Sig. Perfectly!

Sig P6's are excellent pistols. The Sig 225 is the civilian model which has a different hammer&hammerspring. Most are ex German Police pistols, seem to range $350 up. Bunch came in at around $249.00 coupla years ago,since then the prices have really climbed up. I have one and really like it. Quality pistols. Lot of them had holster wear on the outside, but were in good shape inside. You can research on the net for lot of info, try the Sig Forum. Bill

I have a 229 in 357 sig that came with the 40 barrel and had the rail on the frame.
the frame had a couple tiny mars on the rail from having a light installed but other than that it looks almost new. the etching on the frame that says sig etc. has not been painted over. from what i hear there were several different grades of refurbs. some were traded in just because the officer or dept was changing calibers. i got a uspc in 9 that looks unfired it came from the doc and they traded them in for smith & wesson m&p guns. so ya never know just like the p6's coming in i have seen a couple that looked like they were dragged from a truck. others have ones that look new or were they refurbs.
i agree that i to have seen some refurb junk from sig & h&K. but don't agree that they all are turds lol.;)
Its not that they are poorly manufactured. Its that the ones you usually find for sale have been "refurbished" beat up metal with a new finish. You know the old saying....Cant polish a turd. It will however fire like any othe Sig. Perfectly!

I own two of them and they are great guns i love to shoot mine. They are German Police trade in's and have a lot of holster wear on them but mechanicly they are sound firearms and the parts are easy to get, (not a lot of choices for grips) i Paid under $350 for both of mine you just need to watch and jump on them when you see them, here is a pic of what they look like when you get one.
SigP-6001.jpg
and this is what they look like after i get done with them.
SigP-6004.jpg
The lowers are not usually worn to much but the slides usually have a lot of wear, i usually charge $75 to parkerize and coat the slide in Matte Black.

So $350 for the gun and $75 to refinish and now you have a nice Sig for $425 that's a pretty good price for a Sig.:s0155:

P225's and P6's are the same internals effectively as any "narrow" frame sig like the P220. They are just as good as any other P-Series weapon, which is pretty good, although I might be biased since I'm a Sig p-series certified-LE armorer.

TopGunSupply.com is often a great place for CPO's and trade-ins that are in good shape for p226/8/5's. Tom also has all the parts you would need for that weapon platform. I order all my parts either directly from Tom/TGS or direct from SIG.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top