JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Try shooting your existing long barreled CZ hammer classic using just one hand employing maximum 3" slug loads about 10 times using the same hand. Then decide if you want about the same thing only much louder with less buckshot range with MORE recoil shooting a SBS with the lousy hand grip ergonomics of a cut down standard length buttstock shotgun using very short barrels. Or are you going to leave the buttstock alone?

You may decide not to do it. I dunno. Most Respectfully. All Oregon and US Code Laws and all NFA Laws, Rules and Regulations apply. Stay legal.

Sooo.....are you looking to buy one from a member here or just for some advice on brands?

If the latter, I'd look for a Stevens that someone fell out of love with. :D

I built such a SxS using a Baikal. Installed a recoil pad, wife modified a muzzleloader sling to carry easily, had the barrels engraved, and shortened it back to about 11" after the feds approved my Form 1. Might give that a shot. :)

525284-6e4f9e19fd4145f61bb89905b4beb31b-jpg.jpg

Try shooting your existing long barreled CZ hammer classic using just one hand employing maximum 3" slug loads about 10 times using the same hand. Then decide if you want about the same thing only much louder with less buckshot range with MORE recoil shooting a SBS with the lousy hand grip ergonomics of a cut down standard length buttstock shotgun using very short barrels. Or are you going to leave the buttstock alone?

You may decide not to do it. I dunno. Most Respectfully. All Oregon and US Code Laws and all NFA Laws, Rules and Regulations apply. Stay legal.
Leave the buttstock alone is the plan. I made the mistake of firing a powerful 3 inch 12 gauge slug out of a shockwave. I want a shoulderable, short coach gun.

Totally agreed with leaving a stock; so much easier to score hits and more pleasant to shoot. Loaded with Aguila Mini-shells (00 buck) and the thick recoil pad, my cut down SxS isn't bad in that recoil department.

Totally agreed with leaving a stock; so much easier to score hits and more pleasant to shoot. Loaded with Aguila Mini-shells (00 buck) and the thick recoil pad, my cut down SxS isn't bad in that recoil department.
I never considered otherwise. I want the stock. If I wanted the other, well, I have the shockwave for that.

I built such a SxS using a Baikal. Installed a recoil pad, wife modified a muzzleloader sling to carry easily, had the barrels engraved, and shortened it back to about 11" after the feds approved my Form 1. Might give that a shot. :)

View attachment 610235
I have one of those and since ALL of my Long Guns have Sling Swivels Mounted, it took me a bit to figure out how to do it with mine. What I found was the forward screw holding the Take Down Latch in place could be replaced with the Front Sling Swivel Stud. For the Tear Stud I simply used my Mounting Kit and installed the proper Stud near the Toe of the Stock. I have one of the Elastic Bands with 5 rounds - 3 #4 Buckshot & 2 Sabot Slugs. An Over the Shoulder style Bandolier has plenty more if needed.

As I said, ALL of my Long Guns have Sling Swivel Studs Mounted and even if I don't have a Sling Mounted, I DO have one with me. If you're in the Field and you become injured OR better yet, actually get a Deer you will need to have your hands freed up so you can carry other things!!!