JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been thinking about looking into purchasing some CHEAP land. Off/On the grid I dont really care, I just want it to be out there, I would not hook it up to anything though. All I want is out in the woods away from the citys, close to a water source would be nice, could be river or lake, within a mile or two at the max.

Is it possible to get something like this for a couple thousand bucks. Not looking for acreage, just somehting small.

Seems like all cheap land comes with crazy restrictions or something, like you have to buy into a golf course that located 50 miles away :confused:

I have tried talking to several real estate agents, but when I say I am looking for CHEAP land, they pretty much turn their noses as they will make next to nothing on the commission I guess.

google for real estate in out of the way areas. Thats the first thing to do. The more remote often means more cheaper. Just make sure that what ever or where ever you look, that it has roads going in. Or at least some sort of jeep trail. If not it might be a bit of a PITA. But I think you might have a hard time finding what you seek. People still want a lot for property, even with the downturn in the economy and the bottom falling out. But you should also check on bank foreclosures. Some can be had for cheep.

Are you planning on building on it or is it just a place to reside if shtf? Because I'm not to sure, but if shtf I doubt people will care if you "own" that property, they might just kill you to claim it.

Unless you fortify it somehow?

I've looked in WA and there isn't much at that price point apart from small lots in rural developments. You really want to be well away from the I90 and I5 corridors, and away from Mt Rainier.

Redfin will let you do a statewide search for land only below $100k. Here's a link with recent listings.

<broken link removed>

There are a few sub $10k lots. Here is a $1500 quarter acre on Lake Limerick.

<broken link removed>

None of it really qualifies as 'away in the woods' unless you are willing to buy a few acres.

Yea, check on craigslist. <broken link removed> I just went and visited some land yesterday in Eastern WA. I checked out 3 lots with nothing I was interested in. Here's a cheap one; I didn't look at this one as I'm looking for water, but you could drill a well or rain catch and get solar/wind power and pull a trailer out there and be set.

<broken link removed>

20 acres,6 miles east of soap lake-ehprata,raw land,no power -water. I dont think it is buildable land.property has no legal easment but has acces.should be survyed to get property corners, Buyer pays all closing cost.price $3,500 firm

I look for ones being sold by owner, can get a better cash deal.

I have been thinking about looking into purchasing some CHEAP land. Off/On the grid I dont really care, I just want it to be out there, I would not hook it up to anything though. All I want is out in the woods away from the citys, close to a water source would be nice, could be river or lake, within a mile or two at the max.

Is it possible to get something like this for a couple thousand bucks. Not looking for acreage, just somehting small.

Seems like all cheap land comes with crazy restrictions or something, like you have to buy into a golf course that located 50 miles away :confused:

I have tried talking to several real estate agents, but when I say I am looking for CHEAP land, they pretty much turn their noses as they will make next to nothing on the commission I guess.

Check my post - I have a 12 acres for sale.
Badger mountain - 25 miles from Wenatchee.
3200 feet elevation. 2 miles from well.
All gated.
Can give you owner financing - no agents- no extra money from your pocket.
You can subdivided for 2 separate parcels and sell one if you want to.
Pm me for more info.

My wife and I have been talking about it too, just room for a Luscombe to land, maybe a 4WD road for heavy stuff. Water would be pretty needful. We were talking for a while about the Christmas valley area, being in our 60's we have to think about our health, but everyone out there has lifeflight insurance.

People are starting to buy into the "recovery" BS, we don't buy it.

Unless you have access to an aircraft, how do you get to a SHTF property in the Cascades from the metro Seattle area? Surely I90 bridges and the mountain pass will become instant chokepoints.

Even Boeing Field would be a stretch if it was something sudden.

Flying by Ultralight

Not me, not across those mountains. I have a Kitfox, but I learned the hard way that just because a plane stalls at 20 MPH that doesn't mean you won't get hurt or killed if the engine quits.

I suffer every day from a crushed vertebra incurred while test flying a friend's ultralight, the engine quit and I hit a fence that I had just been about to cross, when I hit the ground on the other side of that 8' high airport fence my back was broken. I for one will never again fly a two stroke across the Cascade mountains, no way!

I have a friend who lives in the Central District (!) with a plane at Boeing Field. I bet I could make it to his house, but you'd have to fight every inch of the way to get to Boeing Field during a real SHTF crisis.

If it was a big quake, I think it would be just about impossible to get there.

I wanted to throw this out,, hope its not to off course of this thread.
what about a 22 to 28 foot travel trailer with flipped axles and a 4x4.?
you could pretty much set up a homestead anywhere you could tow the trailer to. ive had mine 50 miles into the wilderness on dirt roads in the past.
also with some solar panels, and or generator and a water source you would pretty much be home. also still have the ability to go mobile if nessesary.
15 years ago i used to do logging in the mountains and most the crew pulled trailers. sometimes we would stay in the woods for weeks at a time.
we had water barrels and would go to town once every 2 weeks to get 50 gallons of potable water and groceries.. seemed possible we could have sustained endlessly.
no one from the forest service or b.l.m. ever bothered us about camping.
,,Bonus,, you wouldnt even have to buy any land going this route. just my 2 cents worth.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top