JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
maxresdefault.jpg

That's right folks, a $99 shotgun! Single shot, 28" vent rib barrel. Price included background check for me at my local Walmart. Apparently this was the last one that they had, but sell these by the crapload so I would expect more to show up..

I won't lie to you, the trigger is miserable, so miserable infact one reviewer's girlfriend had to use two fingers to pull the trigger. It's also not ideal in all aspects of build, as I got the shotgun today and parts are already rusty from sitting in a dry environment. Countless reviewers have commented that it kicks like it hates Jesus. All of these bad things said, you would have to buy about 10 of these to get the nearest trap single shot shotgun out there. There's also a lot of information out there about getting the trigger pull to be a lot more bearable, and more information coming down the pipeline.

So my goal is to see just how far this $99 shotgun can go on as little money as possible. Polish all of the trigger parts, try and sort out the trigger pull as much as possible, figure out how to tame that kick... hell maybe even make an adjustable comb or put a fancy recoil reducer in there.

If anyone has any parts of little to no interest they'd be willing to part with for a song (or free just to laugh at this junky shotgun) I'd love to hear what you think might help tame this thing! I'll start digging through my parts bins as well and see what I can dig up!

I've seen a couple of youtube videos on modifying those. They came out pretty neat.. to include folding in half much better.
All the mods improve the thing and make it much more usable in the field.

Heh, sure I guess I can make it like Roadkill!

There's a good few modification videos. That's where I figured out I could easily dial in the trigger. The damn thing still needs a LOT of work in that regard though. I need to figure out a full disassembly on this puppy. I was able to push out the ejector roll pin and fix the rust in there along with some good grease in there to hopefully last a while.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone put a recoil pad on these things yet, despite all of the complaints about kick. I went digging for recoil pads but of course all the nice ones are on my shotguns, and the OEM almost hard plastic ones are all that's left!

I'm debating picking up one of these Graco shock recoil kick things. If it doesn't work I can always find another shotgun to put it on. Don't tell my girlfriend but her ultra-light 20 gauge over under probably needs it more than this!

It's not just $99... it's $99 with background check! I'm in Washington so I had to pay sales tax, but still... $107 or so out the door? Who could argue with that...

Think I'll have to pick one up. Watched the mod videos. Been wanting a single shot for awhile, and I like the way this one folds. Add a set of 8" caliber conversions and then you've got something.

Are there any Walmarts in the area that actually stock these?

Yes, the singular Walmart up here in WA that stocks firearms had ONE. I took it! They may have more now...

On another forum some one suggested a $99 shotgun challenge, heh. Everyone has to use just the $99 shotgun and shoot a round of trap, see who does best!

Interesting... Might have to get one of these, for 100.00, it'd be worth it just for the challenge of making it reasonably functional...

Now I like that way of thinking. I can see myself working on the trigger, polishing the chamber and lengthening the forcing cone and porting it and adding a good pachmayr recoil pad to reduce some of that recoil. Would make a fun project...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top