JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I read at the S&W collector site that they were made from spare parts at the factory for the French. The M19 designation was simply how the frames were marked that were originally intended for adjustable sight revolver construction. The only thing uneque is the markings on the frame but an interesting collector item in any event. There seems to be a few of them around, the French must not have destroyed many.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the French have said one thing and done the exact opposite. I have been told by more than one person that those Guns were destroyed but I don't have first hand knowledge. I have also been told that the Iranians destroyed a batch of Smith and Wessons that went to the old Shah and his National Police Force. I also have one of those and Factory Letters that talk about it. Of course, neither of those revolvers would fall under the Heading of Cheap.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I was gonna say "65" just for fun because the one I had was sweet, but in reality my favorite is the 686+ 4". I know it's not a K frame, but I think it's the perfect 357.

did someone mention S&W mdl 65 - 3" barrel stainless steel - fixed sights? :cool:

IMG_2669.JPG

Last Edited:
I bought some Beretta 92 mags from J&G recently.
They were junk......brutal return process.
I finally got reimbursed.
I bought my 92s from them earlier in the year..........they lost my order or thought they were waiting for the FFL (that I had already provided). When I called, they found the error, I told them "no problem, just send me a nice pistol" when it showed up, it is like new. I bought spare (factory) mags from CDNN that I am very pleased with. I have bought from J&G for probably 40 years and have been in there store. I think they are honest but may have some procedural problems as they have grown.

J&G has a truly HUGE operation that has warehouses all over the Country. I've done business with them for almost 50 years now and really can't Complain because I've always gotten Excellent Service. It helps to have a specific rep to work with and while they have changed over the years I seem to be lucky enough to keep getting good ones. I'm a Happy Camper!

The Best Buy for the money is probably a lightly used police trade in Smith and Wesson. Places like J&G and CDNN put them on sale (get the hand select) for 250.00 or less. They will be in 38 special or 357, frequently stainless today. 2 years ago I bought a 6" Combat Masterpice in 38 from the state of South Dakota at one of my government auctions. It was purchased as a training gun just before they switched over to semi autos so is nearly unused. Blue is 99%, never carried in a holster, adjustable sights, magnificent hand assembled gun. It was less than 200.00 including FFL charges. I gave it to my youngest son. It is almost too fine to shoot. It is a myth that all police guns are worn out. Most get carried and seldom fired.
I dont know about all police departments, but 30 years ago in SE Portland I lived two doors down from an Oregon State Trooper. We became friends as our daughters were the same age and played together. He was given each month a bag of ammo, 38SP at the time. He was asked to use it up at the range and return the brass each month. He hated doing it and I gladly shot it for him, returned the brass, and got reloads back to continue the cycle with. Had he done it himself his service revolver would of had much more wear on it.

I was selling guns when the first Taurus revolvers came to market. They were nominally cheaper than a Smith or Colt but pure junk. We sold 6 of them that came in our first shipment, everyone came back and for many different reasons. Some had chambers so rough you could hardly get the fired brass to extract, one had internal parts brake and locked up the entire revolver. They were a clone built with worn out tooling bought from Smith and Wesson. I have never considered one since. Saving a few dollars on a lifetime investment by sacrificing quality is just dumb. I have both Colts (my preferred brand) and Smiths, never have lost money or value on either and never worried if they were going to function.

My best friend does some work for a local FFL, who brought him a new Taurus Judge 45LC / 410 revolver, just the other day. Complaining that they couldn't get it to load the 45's.
Sure enough it wouldn't take them. I don't think they got around to trying the shot shells in it.
He fiddled with it and looked it over closely then decided to push out the ejector and tried the cartridge in the chamber, and it went in just fine.
The ejector was so far out of alignment that it wouldn't allow the cartridge to chamber. More good QC by Taurus, I doubt they even tried to test fire it. Yeah you better get a lifetime guarantee you will likely need it. No thanks!
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads