JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have this working antique (pre-1899) Harrington & Richardson .32 revolver that I'll take $175 cash for -or- possibly trade. Email me with whatever you have. I can sell this pistol on either side of the river because it's exempt from all federal firearms laws. But, I cannot accept a firearm in trade from the Oregon side. For $25 more I'll include 48 rounds of the ammo that fits it (.32 S&W.) As with all old guns I must recommend that the buyer have this pistol inspected by a competent gunsmith before firing it. I have fired it with modern ammo and it appears to work just fine. The ammo can easily be purchased from online ammo sellers. Wal-Mart doesn't carry it.

I have one of these that belonged to my grandfather. I fired it once with modern ammo and it scared the begees out of me. I believe they were made for black powder. i had a Sears catalogue from 1889 (reprint) and they were selling new for i believe $2.95 My grandpa's says "Young America" on it.

I have one of these that belonged to my grandfather. I fired it once with modern ammo and it scared the begees out of me. I believe they were made for black powder. i had a Sears catalogue from 1889 (reprint) and they were selling new for i believe $2.95 My grandpa's says "Young America" on it.

The Young America model was smaller than this one (believe it or not.) These were all designed to fire black powder cartridges. But, because there were literally millions of these around after the year 1900, Remington and Winchester loaded their .32 S&W smokeless powder cartridges down to black powder specs. To this very day you can buy Remington, Winchester, Magtech, and Fiocchi brand ammo to fit this revolver. I think there's a company out there making actual black powder cartridges for it also (Ten X?) This is a good cowboy action shooting gun. It's also a good gun to keep in the glovebox of your car (where the law permits) or in your nightstand. A .32 bullet going 700 fps still stops the bad guys if you can hit them where it hurts.

Could you elaborate on it being exempt from all federal firearms laws? Surely, that doesn't mean I could carry it into a federal building? This pistol (and its history) interest me, especially if it is in working order. If you don't mind me asking, how did you acquire it?

Could you elaborate on it being exempt from all federal firearms laws? Surely, that doesn't mean I could carry it into a federal building? This pistol (and its history) interest me, especially if it is in working order. If you don't mind me asking, how did you acquire it?

I should have said "exempt from the Gun Control Act of 1968." All firearms manufactured before Jan. 1, 1899 (except for sawed-off shotguns and machine guns) are exempted from every provision of the Gun Control Act of 1968. This does NOT mean you can bring it into a federal courthouse or into any other restricted area.

For much more information about this little-know massive loophole in federal gun control laws I recommend that you read The Pre-1899 Antique Guns FAQ
by James Wesley Rawles: http://www.rawles.to/Pre-1899_FAQ.html He's the de facto expert on this subject.

I bought this particular pistol on AuctionArms I believe. These are not that hard to find. They are not easy to find in working condition however.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.