Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cheap/easy way to keep our shooting areas clean

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Phillyfan, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

OK, I am sure others have done this, but, after seeing Memaloose I thought I might share this.

Bring:
    Roll duct tape
    stack of printer paper
    Perminent marker
    a med/large box
    NO TRASH (obviously it isn't being picked up when people leave)

1. Tape a piece of paper, or two if large enough, to the box
    2. Place the roll of tape on the paper sideways
    3. Make a circle by outlining the tape roll with the marker
    4. Fill in the circle so you can see it from distance
    5. Place the box where you want to shoot and shoot the thing
    6. Make another target and tape it to the box over the old one
    7. Shoot it
    8. Repeat until out of ammo
    9. Throw the box in you vehicle and leave

It doesn't take into acount shells, but at least there wouldn't be a bunch of XXXX all over the place making us look like a bunch of selfish slobs.

2. GUNNY

GUNNY DAMASCUS OREGON Member

I agree, i use to ride at mamaloose and shoot untill it turned into wild cat mt, now i have a good 165 yrd area to shoot, but it also is in danger of being closed, due to glass, computers, big screen tv, burned car, it's trashed, these kids dont know what there doing, there haveing fun at our cost, if i catch one i'll cane him in town square, during lunch time

?if it's possible to purchase blm land then i might plan a group buy on some land.

3. Mr. Black

Mr. Black Zigzag, OR Member

now theres an idea...

I wouldn't mind having a place that is reserved for members of nwfa only... :thumbup:

4. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

It sounds good at first blush, but would be impossible to police. It'd end up trashed by trespassers the same as the other areas. Or would we put up a gate and pass out a bazillion keys to all the members?

5. Phillyfan

How about a key pad that accepted each members individual code on the gate. One "Steward" would go to inspect each week to see if the place was being kept clean. If that inspection failed, all members who entered that week would be responsible to have a cleaning party within the next 30 days. If it failed again, all members who entered that week are 86ed, until they show up for a cleaning party.

6. Phillyfan

Of course, we are getting close to openning a gun club at this point.

7. chainsaw

chainsaw East side of Or. Active Member

I just want to know if there is an easy way to pick up and seperate all the .22 LR brass.Seems after a few years an outdoor range would be floating in an ocean of 22 brass.

8. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

9. GUNNY

GUNNY DAMASCUS OREGON Member

If it was owned by a few members it wont get trashed, when you own some thing you respect it,plus you know who to b out if there is any. Nice metal targets would eliminate any target scraps, lay some tarps on the floor for the brass. Sounds so easy.

10. 9mmD

9mmD sw wa Member

I found putting down a tarp before i start shooting helps at the end of the day. When i'm done, just grab the tarp and funnel all the brass into a bucket or something