JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a "Perfection" brand Perfection Heater, made from about the mid 1800's to around the 1950's.

They run on both Kerosene and, get this they run regular pump diesel ! ! ! 20191128_132958[1].jpg

Yup they run great on diesel, withe "clean" wick they don't smoke, specially now that diesel has been low suplfer since about 2008 You dont need to use expensive kerosene unless You want too pay the high price for kerosene over cheap pump diesel.

They run about 8 hours and put out about 1,200 btu's., more than enough to heat my 40 class A motor home when its about 50 degrees outside and when it dips down to 30 degrees it will keep my main large slide out living room nice an cozy at 70 degrees after I close the hallway door, essentially dividing my RV in half.

As far as safety goes, they do NOT give of enough deadly carbon monoxide to even register on a new home owner grade detector, so they don't kill You with carbon monoxide.

An industrial - commercial carbon monoxide detector can make it register and so if You were silly enough to not crack a window You will s-l-o-w-l-y over time poison Yourself with carbon monoxide that is why the instructions say to "always keep a window cracked open" .

Note: Boats have bene using diesel heater for many many decades and they cost a LOT of $$$ when bought new at a boating supply store for the fancy stainless diesel heater , but just know they are , and have alway been safe to use .

What they do is s-l-o-w-l-y use up the oxygen - fresh air in the room in a closed off "sealed" room and so as per the instructions say when reading one of the old user manual on line it says " open a window 1 to 2 inches in the same room as the Perfection heater and You will be fine, and its true.

After millions of them have been used this way mine does not cause any problems, tho I do NOT leave it running when I sleep (( im safety paranoid )) it says to NOT let it burn down and run out of fuel because it will burn some of the wick off and if You do that a couple times it shortens the wick and it wont clean and it won run at full temperature / full flame after each time You leave it to run out of diesel.

They can be a bit messy unless You are a "Perfectionist with Your Perfection" heater lol.

I do NOT like the smell of diesel inside my nice clean RV so You need to fill the tank up outside carefully with some sort of electric kerosene pump or a nice little lemonade / ice tea pitcher to decant it from a 5 gallon yellow diesel can.

If its not raining I highly suggest that You light it outside as when You light it You will have the top half open and the wick will be exposed and it will smoke black smoke until You close the hinged upper half of the heater , once You close the upper half it stops smoking immediately and Your ready to bring it inside. If You lite it inside like I do when I am not wanting to go outside I lite it in my bathroom with the vent fan running and close the top half quickly once the entre wick is lit.

E-bay has antique Perfection heaters for sale from about $40 for a dirty lightly rusty one like mine was before I cleaned mine up , all the way up to super clean ready to use "fancy" decorative high end models for about $200 to $300 in perfect show room condition.

Perfection heaters no matter if they are the modest model like mine or the fancy ones You will see on E-bay they are all very light weight made of sheet metal NOT cast iron so shipping charges will be low and grandma can lift it and move it around. '

Wicks and Part are readily availible from more than one source but the best supplier by far is www.milesstair.com this guy has everything You need including instruction, wicks, parts and links , model reference production code numbers and links to collectors of Perfectin heaters along with other models of antique heaters and stoves 20191128_133759[1].jpg 20191128_133006[1].jpg

Looks good. I'd still be a little concerned with CO levels, as it doesn't have a chimney to vent exhaust to the outside.

I use a military surplus SHA (Space Heater Arctic) heater. It will burn wood, coal, kerosene, pump diesel, and three different grades of jet fuel. It has a setting for "below minus 25f", and one for above. Only used the <-25 setting once. It was just a few degrees below zero, however, we a 55+ knot wind for an entire night. That little heater kept the tent very toasty!

I fished commercially from Kodiak to St. Paul for 12 years. The boat stoves/heaters all had chimneys. Oh, and yes, I can tell how hard wind is blowing within a couple knots either way.

They tend to stink when you shut them off inside but work in a pinch. we used one of those in our rv when off grid for extended time and they do put out alot of heat and work good

Heres my camping heater runs on Diesel, kerosene, used cooking oil, used motor oil, transmission fluid or basically any kind of dinosaur oil. This one not for inside use lol.

0A70CFBA-FAE7-4DD3-9FE1-92446530E10F.jpeg

They tend to stink when you shut them off inside but work in a pinch. we used one of those in our rv when off grid for extended time and they do put out alot of heat and work good

Heres my camping heater runs on Diesel, kerosene, used cooking oil, used motor oil, transmission fluid or basically any kind of dinosaur oil. This one not for inside use lol.

View attachment 676255
Yup, I got one of those farm - grove outside heaters too "winks"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews