JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a solid concealed carry option that is inexpensive but still performs well and has a good trigger. I've strongly been considering getting a gen3 GLock 26, but finding one near $400 has seemed to be a challenge. The 26 fits all my needs for a concealed firearm but i'm not sure if I can spend over $400 on a handgun.

The cheaper firearms are all Cobra, Arsenal & Kel-Tec; why is it no one makes a concealed carry option in 9mm that has the trigger & reliability of a glock and the price tag of a Kel-tec?

Sincerely,
One frustrated concealed carry searcher

Caracal Compact 9mm. Amazing firearm, 15+1, accurate as all get out, and perhaps the best trigger ever, equal to or fanged close to a Walther PPQ. Price is from $425-440 at Brightwater Ventures and online. Best gun purchase I ever made. Also just bought a Kahr CM9 for $400 that's perfect so far, 6+1, accurate, smoothest DA trigger ever, and accurate at 15 yards.

In a sub, I'd go with a CM9, for $389.99.

I don't do subs anymore, though. I now carry a Ruger SR9c. I picked it up for $389.99. Fantastic pistol. Shoots like a full size. Amazing recoil spring system, so it's very soft shooting. Great trigger. Easy to be accurate with. It also comes with a 17 rd spare mag, so it's great for CCW, or emergency scenarios.

I have a M&P Shield and although I love it, I'm seriously considering trading/selling it in favor of a Kahr CW9. I've had one before (actually I sold that to fund the Shield.. go figure.) The Shield and CW9 are very close in dimensions, but I find the Kahr just fits my hand better. Plus it's lighter and slimmer. Granted, the "lighter and slimmer" thing is not by very much, but Sometimes little measurements matter. What's that saying about boiling water,

"At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water, comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. Just one degree makes all the difference."

Anyway, you can get a Kahr used for between $300 - $350 and they have a great reputation. It's not a subcompact. I can get all three fingers completely on the grip. Put it in a Remora holster for $25.00, and a box of Speer Gold Dots for another $24 and your entire set up is under $400.

Kahr CW9 is a 7+1 capacity

CW9.jpg

Seems to me that after about 5 years after they released it Kel-Tec has ironed out any wrinkles in the PF9.

I would not hesitate to buy another '11 or '12 produced PF9. Easily identified by the mag release, the old ones had a plastic *ahem* "polymer" release. The new updated ones have a steel release.

I like the CW/PM, just not over the Kel-tec. But that's just my preference. Not to mention you get an extry round and save enough to grab a nice IWB and maybe a couple +1 magazines with extensions (if you like) for the range.

For how much someone will spend on one, I believe the PF9 is the best bang-for-your-buck firearm on the market at the moment. Haven't seen one over $300 around here. +1 for the hard chrome :s0155:

Well,a while back someone had a thread asking what was the worst reason you ever had for buying a gun.

My answer was "price". Cheap guns.

I have bought cheap guns in the past and always sold them quickly.Maybe keep them for 2 months before I realize it was a stupid purchase.

Unless it's a used gun,I never buy because of price.Ibuy the gun I want at the cheapest I can get it,yes.But not a cheap gun to have the gun.
Never been worth it.Always a gun I could sell easy.

For me,it makes more sense to put a gun on lay-a-way and get a better brand than to just go get a cheap gun to carry
Hey if you can find any used Glocks for cheap then go for it.

I really like my ruger sr9c. I can shoot that gun all day long and not have a failure. But it is too big for me to conceal carry during the summer, so I went out and got a kahr cm9. The sr9c was my first handgun and I still have it after going through 8 guns in the last 8 months. The sr9c is a keeper. Hopefully I can say the same for the cm9.

I really like my ruger sr9c. I can shoot that gun all day long and not have a failure. But it is too big for me to conceal carry during the summer, so I went out and got a kahr cm9. The sr9c was my first handgun and I still have it after going through 8 guns in the last 8 months. The sr9c is a keeper. Hopefully I can say the same for the cm9.

I 2nd the SR9C. I think they are $400 new at Northwest Armory and they have a nice trigger, they feel slimmer in hand than the G26 with I think the same capacity with the short magazine. My only complaint is the manual safety and magazine disconnecter. I have never shot the SR9C but I have handled them many times and they fit my hand better and the trigger pull is better. Alas I am a Glock guy and will never own a SR9 or SR9C, unless I win the lottery. I carry a Gen 3 G19 daily with no problems. You want be disappointed with a G26 if you can find one in your price range. They are out there but hard to find in that price range. If you aren't set on 9mm then I think I saw a ugly white gen 3 27 on the forum for your price range.

I 2nd the SR9C. I think they are $400 new at Northwest Armory and they have a nice trigger, they are slimmer than the G26 with I think the same capacity with the short magazine. My only complaint is the manual safety. I have never shot the SR9C but I have handled them many times and they fit my hand better and the trigger pull is better. Alas I am a Glock guy and will never own a SR9 or SR9C, unless I win the lottery. I carry a Gen 3 G19 daily with no problems. You want be disappointed with a G26 if you can find one in your price range. They are out there but hard to find in that price range. If you aren't set on 9mm then I think I saw a ugly white gen 3 27 on the forum for your price range.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but the SR9C is not slimmer than a glock. Ruger specs out at 1.27 and the Glock is at 1.18. Just trying to stop incorrect information.

Thanks for the info folks!

I owned a CW45 a few months back. Ended up trading it for a Taurus PT92: the caliber was mostly the turn off on the CW 45, too much bang in that small & light of a frame, but also the Kahr trigger is not the most desirable. It's not a tough pull, just a long one. I know it is a safety measure, but I think Kahr would be better off shifting to a shorter pull. HOWEVER, the CW9 is definitely attractive, the only downsides for me are the trigger and price of extra magazines.

LOL at TheWHiteBuffalo83's comment about the ugly white G26 on here. I saw that the other night and actually debated on it. It might just be the ugliest glock i've ever seen (and that is saying ALOT). I think i'll have to check on Gunbroker once I get my funding straight and hold out for a decent G 26....

Thanks for the info folks!

I owned a CW45 a few months back. Ended up trading it for a Taurus PT92: the caliber was mostly the turn off on the CW 45, too much bang in that small & light of a frame, but also the Kahr trigger is not the most desirable. It's not a tough pull, just a long one. I know it is a safety measure, but I think Kahr would be better off shifting to a shorter pull. HOWEVER, the CW9 is definitely attractive, the only downsides for me are the trigger and price of extra magazines.

LOL at TheWHiteBuffalo83's comment about the ugly white G26 on here. I saw that the other night and actually debated on it. It might just be the ugliest glock i've ever seen (and that is saying ALOT). I think i'll have to check on Gunbroker once I get my funding straight and hold out for a decent G 26....

I agree with you on the Kahr trigger. that was the sole reason for my selling it to fund the shield purchase, but I find myself looking back and wondering if I should have kept it. Luckily my Dad has one, and I intend to do a side by side shooting comparison. Testing both draw and rapid fire, and slow aimed accuracy to see if I can perform the same with the CW9 as with my Shield. If so, then I'll be selling my Shield.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top