JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm building my first AR15 rifle and I would like to know what complete uppers I could get for less than $350,by complete I mean the upper has everything you need to use the AR15 minus the lower receiver.
I plan on buying a polymer complete lower for $129 and hopefully plan to build an AR15 for less than $500 total,I'm not looking to buy anything really high end just cheap to find out if I like shooting the AR15 platform. Would it be cheaper overall to just buy upper parts kits and assemble it or a complete upper?

I'm also doing my first ar15 build, was able to order a Barreled upper (no bcg no charging handle) from Palmetto Armory for $216 out the door. Now to wait to get it, might take up to 3 weeks for them to send it. Mine will come to a tad above 500 cause I'm going for a Multi cal Forged Lower.
Watching videos on Youtube to learn more.

I wouldn't get a poly lower unless you really want a plastic gun??

You can get an aluminum lower for $153.37 (plus whatever your local FFL charges to transfer + tax if applicable)

just a quick google search I did found cheap parts...

this http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/New...15_Polymer_Lo_p/nfa-stripped-lpkinstalled.htm

and this http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-55CA634

equals a complete aluminum lower receiver. you just need to attach the buffer tube assembly to the lower receiver which is not that hard. the rest of the lower is completely assembled. the buffer tube kit I linked comes with tube, buffer, spring, end plate, castle nut, and collapsible 6-pos M4 stock.

I wouldn't get a poly lower unless you really want a plastic gun??

You can get an aluminum lower for $153.37 (plus whatever your local FFL charges to transfer + tax if applicable)

just a quick google search I did found cheap parts...

this http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/New...15_Polymer_Lo_p/nfa-stripped-lpkinstalled.htm

and this http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-55CA634

equals a complete aluminum lower receiver. you just need to attach the buffer tube assembly to the lower receiver which is not that hard. the rest of the lower is completely assembled. the buffer tube kit I linked comes with tube, buffer, spring, end plate, castle nut, and collapsible 6-pos M4 stock.

I'm on a really tight budget so I need the cheap complete lower I can get at $129,I can't really spend any above $500 total for the complete rifle,also I want to do as little assembly as possible as I don't want to spend hours trying to put together an AR15.

should only take you 5-10 minutes to put the buffer tube and buffer on an AR-15 lower. not hard at all.

anyway: complete build under $500 free shipping right here

your same lower you want, but cheaper yet... how's $109 sound? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a metal one here for less

he wants a complete lower, not a stripped.

The poly I pointed out was complete. As in completely assembled with butt stock, buffer tube + buffer, fire control group, handle, trigger guard, mag catch, bolt catch, etc. and the upper was complete as well... all he would have to do is drop the lower onto the upper and push the pins through to hold them together and it is a complete gun ready to fire.

You would be hard pressed to find something cheaper than that. I agree that an aluminum lower would be better, but he doesn't want to spend the extra $70 to go for aluminum.

i just finished building my AR about 5 weeks ago for under $500 and i didnt even have to use a poly lower. PSA complete lower with PTAC upper and RG BCG. you wont be able to do it the same as i did but you can get one for under $500 if you are willing to wait for the deals to show up. take your time finding the deals and they will show up.

should only take you 5-10 minutes to put the buffer tube and buffer on an AR-15 lower. not hard at all.

anyway: complete build under $500 free shipping right here:

your same lower you want, but cheaper yet... how's $109 sound? lol

So did you go with this one, can't get any cheaper.:rolleyes:

So did you go with this one, can't get any cheaper.:rolleyes:

I'm still looking around to find the best deal,but so far that or an upper from gunbroker are most likely what I will decide on,it seems gunbroker has some very cheaply priced no reserve pistol length uppers so I might consider making an SBR and owning my first NFA item.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top