JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a Para P12 as my first .45. (Officer's size, double stack) I bought it new and kept it for 15 or 16 years. Was a very good gun to me. I just sold it (on here, even) for $500. If I was looking at spending 5 bills I'd not turn my nose at another one of those.

I love it when guys at the range get snobby and look down their noses when I pull out my PT1911. They quickly lose the attitude when I outshoot them and their fancy guns that cost twice to three times what mine did.
:s0114:

I have a pt1911 ($500 new after rebate :D), its a decent shooter, but I wouldn't trust my life to it just looking at how its put together compared to other guns.

I have a pt1911 ($500 new after rebate :D), its a decent shooter, but I wouldn't trust my life to it just looking at how its put together compared to other guns.

I have no problems trusting my life to my PT1911. It has never failed me, is dead-on accurate. Bad Guy doesn't give a hoot if he's dispatched with a Taurus or a Les Baer. Dead is dead.

Rem- your posts show your ignorance ex:
I wonder how many of the major 1911 smiths have owned a PT1911 for an extended period of time, or shot one extensively?

I mean really? I understand having a hardon for your cheap gun and not accepting that it's not the cat's meow, but really??? You have to have at least enough sense to read the above and scratch your head and say wow. Your argument is no different then the hi-point lovers. Sure it may function fine at the range, may be a decent gun- but there's a reason they're cheap and not looked on as favorably as other guns. I never once said taurus' are bad, there's better. You can find Springfields and STI Spartans at that price point, or save money and get a rock island. Probably a better put together gun than the taurus at the end of the day.

Wow.. Man should'nt take other opinions to seriousely... One mans trash is another mans treasure. As for trusting a NEW weapon.. Never so much till I spend time with it at the range and get comfy with it.. I dont care if its the top of the line H&K, Kimber or a Ruger GP100.. Till Im sure of myself with the weapon I chose at the range and with enough practice..

I carried my Beretta 92FS for about 2 months after I bought my Glock 17 and had spent a LOT of time at the range with it.

As for a PT1911. I personaly wont buy one. For one reason. The proprietari part. From what I have read and what all the smiths I have talked to have said, YOu have to buy Touras parts for it, you cant just strip a Colt down if you wanted to to use the parts out if it.. My $0.02

Terry

Good bye, all. I have no time for snobs.
Live well.

Imrunningaway.jpg

but but but but but terry they're cheap and look similiar from 10', they must be better :)

LOL.. I only own one Taurus, 38 feather light. Dad got it for my mom. but never delivered it. And Probably the only one I will ever own too.

If a snob was in here then they'd say to buy an HK :D

Jk, but there are plenty of good 1911 suggestions listed here.

When I was at the store today I was looking at either American Handgunner or Guns&Ammo.. One of them had a 1911 list.. I will hit the store tomorrow after work and get it.. I will post what I find!

Terry

Springfield GI around $500, Rock Island around $450, Para Ordnance GI around $500. Might be able to find a used one for less. Bought my Kimber at a gunshow for $500, but that is a rare find.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top