JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok guys, the chat is back!

I'm not sure how well this new version is going to do compared to the old one as far as server load goes, but we'll see.

You can find the chat link on the upper navbar under the NWFA logo.

Well, looks like we're back to the same old problems, even with the new version.

I'm really torn on what to do here. The people who use FlashChat on a regular basis here really love it (including me). The way it integrates with the forum, emoticons, the 'feel', etc. is all very user friendly and make for a good time. However, if we're to continue using it we're going to have to upgrade the server again, which means an extra $20/mo. in web hosting costs. I'm trying to keep our overhead as low as possible because we need to conserve and stretch the little money we have, and at this point I don't think it's prudent to pay the extra money.

I'm going to talk to Weebs today, who has some experience with this kind of stuff, and see if we can't come up with another chat solution. It won't be as 'pretty' or user friendly as FlashChat, but we'll still be able to do our chatting and won't have to pay any extra.

I really appreciate the offer RK, I wish it were that easy. If we do decide to keep the current chat, we're going to have to switch hosting providers and servers, so I'll have to migrate everything over manually. I'm fine doing that, but I need to make sure that's the best option.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top