Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Entomologist
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Meet & Greet
  • National Rifle Association
  • Second Amendment Foundation
Ok guys, the chat is back!

I'm not sure how well this new version is going to do compared to the old one as far as server load goes, but we'll see.

You can find the chat link on the upper navbar under the NWFA logo.

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Entomologist
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Meet & Greet
Well, looks like we're back to the same old problems, even with the new version.

I'm really torn on what to do here. The people who use FlashChat on a regular basis here really love it (including me). The way it integrates with the forum, emoticons, the 'feel', etc. is all very user friendly and make for a good time. However, if we're to continue using it we're going to have to upgrade the server again, which means an extra $20/mo. in web hosting costs. I'm trying to keep our overhead as low as possible because we need to conserve and stretch the little money we have, and at this point I don't think it's prudent to pay the extra money.

I'm going to talk to Weebs today, who has some experience with this kind of stuff, and see if we can't come up with another chat solution. It won't be as 'pretty' or user friendly as FlashChat, but we'll still be able to do our chatting and won't have to pay any extra.

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Entomologist
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Meet & Greet
I really appreciate the offer RK, I wish it were that easy. If we do decide to keep the current chat, we're going to have to switch hosting providers and servers, so I'll have to migrate everything over manually. I'm fine doing that, but I need to make sure that's the best option.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is a great guy to work with! I have had several transactions with him and will continue to do business with him. He is my go to dealer!
    • hker71
  • Straight Shooter Supply
    1.00 star(s)
    A relative of mine recently went through this place to purchase a handgun. They were rude to her, lied to her, and must be new to this FFL stuff...
    • FullMetalJerk
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ
    5.00 star(s)
    Had my first transaction with Steve and will be recommending him to anyone in my circle. Good guy with a really helpful attitude and goes the...
    • SonnyJim
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online