Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Chat is back! (at least for now)

Joe Link

Reactions
Ok guys, the chat is back!

I'm not sure how well this new version is going to do compared to the old one as far as server load goes, but we'll see.

You can find the chat link on the upper navbar under the NWFA logo.

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Reactions
Well, looks like we're back to the same old problems, even with the new version.

I'm really torn on what to do here. The people who use FlashChat on a regular basis here really love it (including me). The way it integrates with the forum, emoticons, the 'feel', etc. is all very user friendly and make for a good time. However, if we're to continue using it we're going to have to upgrade the server again, which means an extra $20/mo. in web hosting costs. I'm trying to keep our overhead as low as possible because we need to conserve and stretch the little money we have, and at this point I don't think it's prudent to pay the extra money.

I'm going to talk to Weebs today, who has some experience with this kind of stuff, and see if we can't come up with another chat solution. It won't be as 'pretty' or user friendly as FlashChat, but we'll still be able to do our chatting and won't have to pay any extra.

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Reactions
I really appreciate the offer RK, I wish it were that easy. If we do decide to keep the current chat, we're going to have to switch hosting providers and servers, so I'll have to migrate everything over manually. I'm fine doing that, but I need to make sure that's the best option.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online

• Kruel J
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect