JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about building a 300 prc in a chassis system. Anyone have any good reason why MDT would be better than MPA (or vice versa). Or is it just a personal preference thing? Maybe there another chassis system out there that is better? I am sure if this is like any other rifle I have 'built' it will take me a few years, but I am starting to think about it a lot. Any opinions???

I prefer the MPA myself. Overall I think it looks better than most of the MDT stuff and the features on the MPA are nicer. The LOP and cheek weld adjustments are positive and repeatable, the vertical grip with thumb rest , well thought out and designed. The MPA also has ARCA rail built into the chassis as well as a multitude of custom options like weight kits, barricade stops, bag riders, bipod spigots, etc... The only MDT I would consider would be the ACC chassis, but I don't like the grip that comes with it.

Thanks @Greenbug.

I cannot seem to figure out how to choose the correct MPA model . I need one that will fit the OAL of the 300 prc, which is long (3.700 max) and I would like it to be magazine fed. I am not sure if all long actions will fit that OAL. Oh, going to run a custom model 700 action.

I have an MPA and just ordered an MDT. Very happy with the MPA, but the MDT had a bit longer forend. The MDT is set up better if you want to add weights to balance the rifle. The MDT i ordered had an ARCA rail milled in.

MDT gives a police, veteran discounts
MPA gives first responder and active duty/retired discount.

So if you qualify for those it may help sway your choice.

As far as what MPA to get, you have a Remington 700 action but what length is it.

To avoid any screw up, I would call and talk to MDT and MPA. They can help guide you to what chassis you should go with.

Consider MDT usually has a few different chassis options . Not sure about your platform, specifically. I don't think you can go wrong with either. That said, I don't, love MDT's buttstocks. Changed mine to PRS Magpul.

Last Edited: