JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So sounds tyo me like they are trying to limit people from sending cash out of the country. Like the millions and millions of dollars being sent every month to Mexico from the USA never to return.

If you make more than 6 withdrawals from your savings account in one month, Chase charges $5/withdrawal.

According to Chase:

"For your reference, there is a $5 Savings Withdrawal Limit
Fee for every withdrawal or transfer out of your savings
account over the limit of six within a monthly statement
period.

Federal Regulations limit the number of checks,
preauthorized transfers and withdrawals that can be made
from any savings or money market savings account. The
regulation also requires us to make sure that these
transactions do not go over the permitted limits.

This fee can be waived if you have a balance of at least
$15,000 in your savings account at the time you make a withdrawal."

So Chase is blaming it on the federal government.

I believe that this is the start of a Cyprus Haircut to take place over Thanksgiving Holidays, I suggest removing the majority of your funds from all accounts (as cash, not checks)

The feds have done some really dumb stuff in the name of "fighting terrorism" one of the things included in that are new banking rules that most of us are completely unaware of but will get hit with when we "violate" the rules. I had this headache a while ago when I had a customer who wanted a refund to the tune of $9000. Which between about 3k in the bank and another 6k in cash on hand I was able to pay back, the bank flipped out when I showed up with that much cash.

I usually try to keep cash on hand, and in the bank, it means if I find a great deal on a piece of equipment I can pay for it without the headache of dealing with the bank, at the same time keeping cash in the bank increases my credit rating, and makes it easier to pay suppliers. I just make sure I keep all the accounts straight and on the ledger in case someone ever shows up for an audit.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top