JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Taurus .32 H&R mag with a 3" and really like it. It is easy to conceal and has enough power to get someone's immediate attention and accurate. The .32 mag is overlooked as a defense cartridge IMHO. Sorry that I can't give you any info on the Charter Arms, but I wouldn't be afraid to buy and carry one.

Neat-o. My hairdresser (lady who lives with her husband and children in the country not far from us) packs a Charter Arms wheelgun and likes it very much. The one with the nice grips looks interesting.

Oh sure, here it comes.
Everyone reads ".32 Mag" and instead of finding the gun intriguing, all they can think is "why not .327 mag?".
...and it seems CA is planning on catering to the masses.
I don't know. I think this gun in .32 H&R is a better setup.
As you say, the .32 Mag is solid, and it allows for two extra shots, but it also allows for quicker accurate follow-up shots.
Remember, its a fighting handgun, so you need something that will allow you those follow up shots quickly and accurately.
In .32 H&R, I see it as the modern cousin to the original .44 Bulldog.
A light, compact firearm shooting a controllable but effective round.
...but in .357. I think that's gonna cater to the crowd that thinks they're "Arnie" from some movie, and wants something to slide down their pants.
...JMHO. :rolleyes:

Dean

...and another thing...they have a whole series ("Mag Pug") dedicated to .357 snubbies...how is this going to be different from that?

1576559774558.png

...and another thing...they have a whole series ("Mag Pug") dedicated to .357 snubbies...how is this going to be different from that?

I have a MagPug, which is a 5-round .357 Magnum, fixed iron sights (unless target version), rubber grips.

The Professional will have 6-rounds, wood grips, fiber optic sights, 3" barrel, black nitride+ finish. Also the trigger seems to be more polished with a lighter trigger pull based on this review:
I think the major differences are the grips, extra round, trigger pull/feel and the fiber optics.

Last Edited:
.32 mag is a fine defensive rounds, and can shoot .32 longs all day for cheap and very little recoil.
Guy I know showed up at our woods range, began shooting his new Ruger LCR .327, packed it up and left. Damn, was it LOUD, and the recoil didn't look much fun.

Here is my Taurus 741 3" .32 H&R Magnum, 6 shot. It is a small frame and the 3" barrel is fairly rare from what I have been able to find out. I carry it regularly in the pocket holster that fits perfectly in my vest pocket. It groups (3" to 4") out to 15 yards and a better shooter could push it to 25 yards.

I carry two speed loaders with Federal Personal Defense 85 grain JHP and don't feel unarmed at Walmart:D

Taurus-741.jpg

I have a MagPug, which is a 5-round .357 Magnum, fixed iron sights (unless target version), rubber grips.

The Professional will have 6-rounds, wood grips, fiber optic sights, 3" barrel, black nitride+ finish. Also the trigger seems to be more polished with a lighter trigger pull based on this review:
I think the major differences are the grips, extra round, trigger pull/feel and the fiber optics.
Read the article linked in that post.
Very interesting study.
...and, in the final analysis, after logging all those points about all those calibers, the final conclusion is....

Folks, carry what you want. Caliber really isn't all that important.

Apparently, it all works....including .32 H&R Magnum. :)

Dean

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top