JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nick called in response to a lengthy email I sent Sunday evening About the .41 Special. Nick informed me that he is building a line of .41 Magnum revolvers on the same frame that houses the Bulldog Pug in .45 ACP.

Any comments/opinions?
Sounds like you are going to get what you wanted then. I would doubt the line would last long as I would be shocked to see enough interest. When they let you know they are being sent out to distributors though I would get on your favorite FFL to get you one. Maybe two :)

Strange, people keep shooting them and so many are having no problems. While every company has a few "mulligans" (Smith & Wesson, Colt, and Browning have had a few "stinkers". For their lower cost, Their concealment revolvers are a good value for the money.
People that can't buy a better quality firearm rarely can afford to shoot much either. I see these guns on the market frequently that have less than a box of ammo through them in 10 or 20 years. That doesn't illustrate "having no problems" Probably the most shot Charter Arms was Son Off Sams, my M629 has thousands of rounds through it.The only issue it ever had was the knurled sxtractor rod coming loose. A little locktite and it was fixed. My buddy has an old ugly abused Python that was bought new by his dad. The barrel was changed from corrosion but he estimates it has 10,000 rounds through it.......still tight and accurate. I see old guns like Ivar Johnson, H&R, and many other inexpensive guns the same way as the Charter Arms. In larger calibers, when you see older ones, they are either shot loose or fired very little. That is why Colt's and Smith's hold there values. They don't shoot loose with decades of even heavy use.

People that can't buy a better quality firearm rarely can afford to shoot much either. I see these guns on the market frequently that have less than a box of ammo through them in 10 or 20 years. That doesn't illustrate "having no problems" Probably the most shot Charter Arms was Son Off Sams, my M629 has thousands of rounds through it.The only issue it ever had was the knurled sxtractor rod coming loose. A little locktite and it was fixed. My buddy has an old ugly abused Python that was bought new by his dad. The barrel was changed from corrosion but he estimates it has 10,000 rounds through it.......still tight and accurate. I see old guns like Ivar Johnson, H&R, and many other inexpensive guns the same way as the Charter Arms. In larger calibers, when you see older ones, they are either shot loose or fired very little. That is why Colt's and Smith's hold there values. They don't shoot loose with decades of even heavy use.

These are great "carry a lot, shoot a little" guns. My 1991 Charter Arms Bulldog is in great shape and shoots well. I'm not complaining at all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top