JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Nick called in response to a lengthy email I sent Sunday evening About the .41 Special. Nick informed me that he is building a line of .41 Magnum revolvers on the same frame that houses the Bulldog Pug in .45 ACP.

Any comments/opinions?

As I had written in another thread, a 1000 fps, 200-grain .41 Special load would produce a manageable 444.2 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle to stop a bad guy without abusing either the gun or the shooter.

I like it.

That is pretty neat that they are offering a wheelgun in .41 Magnum. I have to admit, I've been very tempted by their .45 ACP snub. If I was already setup with a .41, I would be so all over this. I don't have any at the present, and can't justify another cartridge, particularly since I just added a new one this Sunday (.44 Magnum), but, still, this is a pretty interesting development.

P.S. A long time ago I had a friend who was a huge fan of the .41, to put it mildly. I did some leg work for him and found a relatively rare Desert Eagle in said and put him in contact with the shop. He was thankful and I was happy to help. :D

As I had written in another thread, a 1000 fps, 200-grain .41 Special load would produce a manageable 444.2 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle to stop a bad guy without abusing either the gun or the shooter.

I like it.

I hope we can expect you to "pull the trigger" on this new offering Capt. And I want a range report! :)

What appeals to me is the accuracy of the cartridge, coupled with the ability to "download" it to .41 Special levels and still outperform the .40 S&W, .45 ACP, and the 9mm Parabellum!

You can't beat that with a stick!

LMAO!

That aside, did he say what the price would be on the .41 variant?

No, Nick just said that they are building the .41 Magnum variant on the same platform used to build the Bulldog Pug in .45 ACP.

If you go to their website you can email Nick himself. He will call you personally when you leave a telephone number. I'm certain that he'll be more than happy to tell you the MSRP for the new Bulldog Pug in .41 Remington Magnum. (He usually calls within 24 hours of your email on weekdays).

No, Nick just said that they are building the .41 Magnum variant on the same platform used to build the Bulldog Pug in .45 ACP.

If you go to their website you can email Nick himself. He will call you personally when you leave a telephone number. I'm certain that he'll be more than happy to tell you the MSRP for the new Bulldog Pug in .41 Remington Magnum. (He usually calls within 24 hours of your email on weekdays).

An "educated guess" is that the .41 Magnum should be no more than $490.00 (MSRP). Remember, this is just a guess.

Meaning?

(By the way, they have laxatives that can help).

What a worthless offering from a desperate company that has been circling the drain for years. THAT'S what I meant. I like the .41 just fine. Wish it didn't come out when it did because it was ignored for decades, but I would sooner trust a pair of white pants to your loose stool than anything charter arms offers to function even remotely close to reliably.

The more Youtube videos I watch of unsponsored Charter Arms revolvers, the more convinced I am that Nick has definitely worked out all the "bugs". I don't speak in a "cryptic vernacular" either.

What a worthless offering from a desperate company that has been circling the drain for years. THAT'S what I meant. I like the .41 just fine. Wish it didn't come out when it did because it was ignored for decades, but I would sooner trust a pair of white pants to your loose stool than anything charter arms offers to function even remotely close to reliably.

Strange, people keep shooting them and so many are having no problems. While every company has a few "mulligans" (Smith & Wesson, Colt, and Browning have had a few "stinkers". For their lower cost, Their concealment revolvers are a good value for the money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top