Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Charter Arms Factory Tour and Pitbull Review

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by mr.revolverguy, Oct 16, 2011.

1. mr.revolverguy

mr.revolverguy Ohio Active Member

2. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I did buy one in 2011 and have fired it sparingly. I have about 125 rounds thru it now. It is not to be confused with a Smith J frame or Ruger LCR, it is a good bit bigger, but fairly light. It shoots pretty good, but it has a snappy recoil. For that reason it is not a Range gun, it is a great bedside handgun for me. I did most of my recent shooting double action and I am confident that I can have repeatable accuracy inside my home. I don't think it is my choice revolver of the few I own for shooting long range just because of the sights. My 6" GP 100 would get the nod for that on one of my rifles. The Pitbull is my first choice in the home, to me its a keeper.

3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Very well put together article.. you did good.
    How many rounds have you put through the revolver since the article was written? Any problems or other input?
    I've had a CA Undercover .38 for decades now.. I shoot it more than carry it and it looks and operates perfect still. Probably about 2000 rounds through it.

4. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just put another 50 rounds thru it and found myself wishing I had brought more .40 for it. I only have 175 rounds thru it by my tally, but it is a inexpensive, good quality build and design. They could have "De-horned" it better. I guess they have left that to me and I might tackle that issue in the future, I just had no real need to do that the way I use it.

5. Pandaz3

6. Pandaz3

Well I just upgraded the Grips on my 40 Pitbull with a pair of Altamont Grips, mine are smooth, they have checkered also.

Charter Arms 40 Pitbull grip.jpg Charter Arms 40 Pittbull.jpg Charter Arms 40 with Altamont Grips.jpg Charter Arms 40 Pitbull with Altamont Grips closer.jpg