JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's getting near Christmas and you need to consider something different, maybe a new experience. For the combination of size, weight, and power, I don't think anything else compares. A heck of a lot of fun to shoot, light, easy to carry. Loaded with 250gr bullets you (and others) will definitely know when the hammer drops. I liked my Super Blackhawk, but carry was impractical. In fact, most large caliber revolvers are too big and heavy for concealed carry without shoulder harnesses. This is my second purchase from Charter Arms. Very good value.

I know you're not supposed to shoot Underwood ammo in their .44 Specials which is too bad because a standard load goes around 650fps out of a short barrel.
I wonder how well your .41 magnum will hold up.

250gr only for hiking in the woods. Lighter loads for target shooting. Five shots with 250gr at target range is about as much as my hand can handle despite excellent grips Charter Arms wisely uses.

250gr only for hiking in the woods. Lighter loads for target shooting. Five shots with 250gr at target range is about as much as my hand can handle despite excellent grips Charter Arms wisely uses.
The weight of the bullet has nothing to do recoil pretty much. Factories load to the same pressure regardless of bullet weight.

I'm using Grizzly Cartridge 41 Remington Magnum 210gr SWC for target shooting and Grizzly Cartridge 41 Remington Magnum 250gr when I go hiking. There is a noticeable difference in recoil. And most of my range time is with my Glock or XDS. I just started this post because I'm enjoying firing this gun. I don't have the money or desire to fire hundreds or thousands of rounds to see how well it will hold up. It's a fun thing. I have other guns for other purposes.

I've had my Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 special for 40 or more years now and it has never missed a beat. There are a lot of fancier and more expensive handguns around but it's a natural shooter for me and my go to carry gun. Glad you are enjoying yours!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top