JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have one. I Googled it and found nothing. Perhaps, if no one can cough up one, we can create it, a community effort of sorts. Each one can contribute what we know . If we go that route, I propose we start by agreeing on the types:
- ball or spherical
- flake
- extruded tubular
- annular (example: IMR Trailboss)

Most powder websites will tell you what thier powders are shaped like. Check out Hodgdon which includes IMR and now Winchester. Check out Ramshot also, but I think most all of their powders are ball type.

Most powder websites will tell you what thier powders are shaped like. Check out Hodgdon which includes IMR and now Winchester. Check out Ramshot also, but I think most all of their powders are ball type.

Definitely not all "ball type". Hodgdon Varget is "stick", H-4895 is stick, IMR 4064 also stick. The type of powder can vary depending on the desired burn rates.

Let's throw in another variable. Single base or dual based powders.

Here's a good project for someone. Take this <broken link removed>, that lists 173 of the most commonly used civilian powders. and add a "B", "Sp", "St", as well as a "1" or "2", after each powder after consulting the mfr's website for each.

I'd do it myself but I'm off to the range.

Definitely not all "ball type". Hodgdon Varget is "stick", H-4895 is stick, IMR 4064 also stick. The type of powder can vary depending on the desired burn rates.

Let's throw in another variable. Single base or dual based powders.

Here's a good project for someone. Take this <broken link removed>, that lists 173 of the most commonly used civilian powders. and add a "B", "Sp", "St", as well as a "1" or "2", after each powder after consulting the mfr's website for each.

I'd do it myself but I'm off to the range.

RAMSHOTis mostly ball type powder, I didn't mean to refer to Hodgdon as mostly ball powders.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top