1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Charles Daly AR 15

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Flabbydawg, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Flabbydawg

Flabbydawg Oregon New Member

Ok I just looked it up...it's true. Prices (MSRP) from roughly $1100 to $2100. They look nice, but I have not heard very good things on their handguns, so I wonder how they will do in this market.

2. Iceberg

Iceberg Washington County Active Member

There are lots of AR15 M4 type rifles on the market now that would have better resale value later. You can pick up a Bushmaster, DPMS, LMT or Armalite for less than $1K. If you are willing to attach a lower to an upper, you can put together a quality AR15 for around $700. DSA has carbine uppers for sale for $275 (w/o BCG & Charging Handle) and complete lowers for $180 (less stock). That is $675 plus shipping & FFL fees (only for lower).

Upper: $275
    BCG & Handle: $170
    Lower: $180
    Stock: $50

That is pretty amazing for a new AR15 carbine!

3. zul

zul PDX Member

Most of these new companies coming out with AR15's are just contracted out from the major lower/upper manufacturers, then rebranded for each one. I dont remember all of the major houses, but I think they are DPMS, Bushmaster, and one or two others. If you buy a CD AR15 for $1100, you are paying $400 for the CD name IMO.