JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those Italian Charles Daly's by Brixia are really for crap and where recalled due to catastrophic failures. As public safety minded as I am, I'll be happy to run over there, make sure they are aware and immediately remove it from their shelf.

Which retailer was that, again?

😜

Charles Daly though a known name is more a low tier quality importer.
They have quite a few firearms they've imported that are bottom barrel. The N4S bullpup is one of those firearms. Much of the info on them has been scrubbed online so people never got a chance to see the poor quality. Century Arms imported their Centurion BP12 (direct copy, pure trash) I quickly found out its the same exact gun, same exact poor quality (literally destroys itself over time). Its not Century or Charles Dalys fault per say.. but since they dont field test it and they do import and sell it under their name.. I do blame them somewhat.. I would not buy from them as they tend to import some really poorly made firearms. I know a shotgun is not a steel 1911.. but its the lower prices and unknown manf. name that tend to be a red flag.

Im sure someone will have a counter opinion to this. But based on my BP12/N4S shotgun rabbit hole.. I would not buy from them or Century again without having sifted through pages and pages of reviews. If there is little to no info online.. Id stay away.
YMMV

They have quite a few firearms they've imported that are bottom barrel. The N4S bullpup is one of those firearms. Much of the info on them has been scrubbed online so people never got a chance to see the poor quality. Century Arms imported their Centurion BP12 (direct copy, pure trash) I quickly found out its the same exact gun, same exact poor quality (literally destroys itself over time). Its not Century or Charles Dalys fault per say.. but since they dont field test it and they do import and sell it under their name.. I do blame them somewhat.. I would not buy from them as they tend to import some really poorly made firearms. I know a shotgun is not a steel 1911.. but its the lower prices and unknown manf. name that tend to be a red flag.

Im sure someone will have a counter opinion to this. But based on my BP12/N4S shotgun rabbit hole.. I would not buy from them or Century again without having sifted through pages and pages of reviews. If there is little to no info online.. Id stay away.
YMMV
I have a CD Hungarian made, finished in USA by Dan Wesson Hi-Power.. it's a fantastic pistol.

Those Italian Charles Daly's by Brixia are really for crap and where recalled due to catastrophic failures. As public safety minded as I am, I'll be happy to run over there, make sure they are aware and immediately remove it from their shelf.

Which retailer was that, again?

😜
Atwoods however I'm over here in Siloam Springs AR right now, it might be a bit of a trip for you!

The Braxia made are actually quite decent and come in 3 tier quality levels. For $400 I would imagine that's the field GI grade (lowest), but for the price, it's quite a very nicely done "bare bones" 1911. Or at least near "top of the pile" within that tier and price point. Very tight tolerances, crisp smooth action and nicely finished.

If you're looking for something as close to what would have been a GI issue model, it's pretty on point. IIRC their field grade is a series 70.

"New", I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up for that price. No-brainer.

I had an older model CD 1911 45 ACP, Officers. Swapped a trigger and few parts, it shot as well as short barrel Colt/SA I've owned. Gave it years ago to a family member. They like is too.

I have, well my son has it now, a Charles Daly GI model 1911 that I bought brand new back in the mid 90's. I've have probably put somewhere between 15-20 thousand rounds through it with never a problem. Only switched out the spring.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top