JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Having recently moved to Salem as a refugee from another state, would like to get a concealed carry permit. The application requires two local character references but, I have no one I know well enough to ask. Are character references a hard and fast requirement?

Did not know about that but hopefully some who live there can help. Off the top of my head are you employed? If so would your boss maybe sign off? Guess maybe your primary care Doc? Might be a good "test" of the Doc. If mine would not sign something like that I think I would be looking for a new Doc. :D

Just start frequenting the indoor shooting range there and make some pals. But, when I was in your situation I asked a person from my church who I befriended and my sister in laws husband.

Last Edited:
I was in a similar situation, recent transplant, no "friends" yet, but found a couple of willing co-workers. One was a fellow firearms enthusiast, the other a true Christian brother. Turns out neither was ever contacted. That was years ago, could be different today…

YMMV

Sister had to go through that in Montana moving there from Seattle, she was able to have friends from college do that who didn't live in Montana. Does this require those people to be Oregon residents?

FWIW, my "character references" were never contacted by Marion County... and I have never been contacted as a reference for friends' CCW applications.

With that being said I wouldn't leave it blank. Maybe there's a co-worker or neighbor who can vouch for you?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top