JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone quit smoking with it or know anyone who has?

I would give it a shot on my own but my mental capacity is in no shape to deal with it while being all stressed trying to get my company off the ground. (yup im a big baby:D)

Haven't used it (never had to) but have dispensed it to patients. Seems to have a decent track record for working, and for causing freaky nightmares.

My 64 year old mother tried it about a year ago. She said it gave her very weird, wild and bizzare dreams, enough to quit taking it. I think that is the most common side effect.

Chantix is expensive, but reduces physical cravings better than any nicotine replacement I've tried (and I tried them all). It did not help me quit smoking.

I've been smoke-free for almost a year and a half after 15 years of 1-2 pack a day smoking, and 7-10 tries at quitting. No matter what you use to deal with the physical withdrawal, and you probably won't need anything, you will not succeed without the right mindset. Physical cravings are a surprisingly small part of what keeps you addicted.

I recommend that you start with this book, The Easy Way To Stop Smoking, by Alan Carr. The author explains one approach - a very effective approach - toward changing the way you think about your relationship to cigarettes. If those lessons set in and you are still overwhelmed by physical cravings, or enough of an emotional wreck that you're worried about your ability to stay in control, only then should you use a smoking-cessation drug.

(For what it's worth, Carr claims that all stop-smoking aids are ineffective or counterproductive, but Zyban, Chantix, and the nicotine patch are perfectly compatible with his method. He's right about everything else.)

pm me if you want any additional advice or support. I feel like quitting smoking was the best decision I ever made, I am happier and healthier, and I don't miss it at all - even in settings that I never imagined being in w/o a cigarette.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top