JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i have a lee pro 1000 progressive loader that has shell plate #1 (38/357) on it, how do i change shell plates to a #19 (9mm,40sw)?

im not changing from small to large so i dont need to replace the priming parts or anything else right?

Go here Link and scroll clear down and download the instruction manual.

I highly recommend that you spend the money and buy the complete shell plate carrier. <broken link removed> and scroll down to it. You can get them cheaper on Ebay.

If you look underneath the head of the ram there is a 3/16" hex head screw, back that out, and stick a block of wood under the head and pull down on the ram (up on the handle) and the head will pop off. Remove the head from the machine (kinda tricky). Then push the index rod downwards through the head. Now take your 3/16" wrench and stick it into the number 1 position (where the primers normally come out). Then take a 1/4" allen wrench and stick it in the top of the head where the index rod was, and twist counter-clockwise, the center thing will start screwing down (don't forget to take off the ejector pin).

If you are set on buying a second head, check lee's website and see if they are selling machines as seconds/used/refurbs first. The heads are kinda pricy, and a used machine used to be like $50 with a set of dies. At that price, just buy a second machine.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top