JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your receiver (the part on a weapon that accepts the magazine) is the registered part and it is registered to accommodate barrels less than 16"

Lucky you! :)

Yeah, I talked to ATF about this exclusively. I tried to send an addendum to my Form 1 with a list of barrels I intended on using and they told me to to nix the list and just get the barrels, and once I have them in possession, THEN send them a letter notifying them of the additional barrel. It can (has to be, actually) be done after the fact and you can consider notification kind of like a courtesy for practical appications.

So I put in a form 1 and turns out I can't get my barrel made. ATF said when I get my stamp back, just put whatever barrel I want on it and let them know later.

But you MUST have the extra barrel BEFORE notification. I know, sounds odd, but no, it won't make your other AR's constructive possession if you already own at least one SBR those parts work on. That's from the horse's mouth.

Oh, and if you engrave the barrel and not the receiver (ALL form 1 items have to be engraved! Not so for form 4!), you'll need to engrave the new barrel too (may ask why, but I have a receiver I didn't want marked up so I elected to engrave the barrels instead, which is perfectly fine provided it's in spec.)

If you're weapon is a form 4 weapon to begin with, a factory SBR, you don't have to bother with the engraving but you do have to notify them still. They're pretty cool on the notification thing.

In fact, I've found ATF not that hard to work with, at least after dealing with the VA. ATF is far more squared away than those hacks and everytime I've contacted them they've been very kind and helpful.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top