JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently picked up a free safe here. It was a older UL listed safe with a brass combo lock, probably 50-60 years old. The lock was not salvageable. In researching the possibility of changing it, I found it matched the bolt pattern of most combo and digital locks used today. I ordered a new decent quality digital lock and installed it. I only had to drill and tap two small holes in the face of the door to attach the bezel for the face.

The lock worked so well, I ordered another for a 10 year old gun safe that had a drifting and sticky combo lock. This time, removal of the old lock and installation of the new only required a Phillips screw driver and Allen wrench. The door was already drilled and threaded. It took longer to remove and install the inside door cover than the lock.

Decent quality digital locks range $100-150 online. It is a simple DIY project if you ever need to replace or upgrade a safe lock. Justensure the bolt pattern matches for the internal lock box.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top