JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've watched a couple of videos on this and it all seems easy to do WITH the lanyard loop. Depress the mainspring protector, pop the pin out and change the backstrap.

However, mine does not have a lanyard loop and I cannot seem to get the protector to depress enough (if at all) to pop the pin all the way out. Any suggestions here? Seems like having a 3rd hand would help. I'd love to save marring up the gun as a natural evolution through normal wear and tear, if possible.

A third hand would help, IIRC. On mine (no lanyard loop) I found a round object that was a little smaller diameter than the part I was trying to depress (maybe a small diameter socket from a tool set?), clamped the socket or rod in a benchvise, and carefully applied downward pressure on the gun frame with one hand to depress the round hammerspring plunger/plug with the socket/rod, maybe with a cloth or leather over it to prevent marring the plastic plunger/plug, while I used the other hand to push out the pin that retains the removable back strap. I may have had to tap it a bit (3rd hand helps) to get the pin out. Then more or less did the reverse to reassemble. It definitely wasn't the easiest procedure I've done, but was successful and I appreciate the different back strap options.

A third hand would help, IIRC. On mine (no lanyard loop) I found a round object that was a little smaller diameter than the part I was trying to depress (maybe a small diameter socket from a tool set?), clamped the socket or rod in a benchvise, and carefully applied downward pressure on the gun frame with one hand to depress the round hammerspring plunger/plug with the socket/rod, maybe with a cloth or leather over it to prevent marring the plastic plunger/plug, while I used the other hand to push out the pin that retains the removable back strap. I may have had to tap it a bit (3rd hand helps) to get the pin out. Then more or less did the reverse to reassemble. It definitely wasn't the easiest procedure I've done, but was successful and I appreciate the different back strap options.
Which backstrap option did you settle on?

I went with the small, which provides for a comfortable grip for my hand size. I think it had the medium on it when I got it, which was ok, but I prefer the small.

I went with the small, which provides for a comfortable grip for my hand size. I think it had the medium on it when I got it, which was ok, but I prefer the small.
Mine came with the small installed. I'm debating if I even want to try installing the other ones. When I first looked at the small back strap I didn't think it would work well in my hands yet it points perfectly for me in this configuration.

aasbra gave you the right advice: well mounted object slightly smaller than the mainspring plunger, and then get one hand pushing grip toward it, the other with a punch on the retaining pin. Once you have the hole lined up, it slides right out. CAUTION! plunger and mainspring comes FLYING OUT unless you release mainspring tension gradually!!! Don't ask how I know!
I have small hands, so thought the SMALL backstrap would be OK. BUT, it just didn't feel like my other CZ's. In looking closely, I saw that the backstrap only adds contour to the lower part of the grip, but the top part is unchanged and you still get your thumb/forefinger joint right into the corner. Didn't change distance to trigger. I tried all 3, but found MEDIUM much more to my liking. What a difference. Once you get the mainspring removal technique downpat, you'll be glad you had a chance to fine tune the grip.

As a last touch, I put on a Talon grip tape. Both my P-10C and the P-09 had too aggressive a texture for me, and I didn't want to sand it down. Both now are extremely great to handle.

Go for it!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top