JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"A right delayed is a right denied"

With the backup in Oregons "instant BGC", it can be well over 90 days, I'm sure.

Washington must have a cooling off period. You know, you were so angry in your former address you needed time to cool off at your new domicile

But for people who move to Oregon is there a waiting period between moving there and purchasing a firearm?
You just need a valid ID with your current address. Unless you're from California, in which case you're crazy and we don't let you have a gun.
Seinfeld Soup GIF

Last Edited:
"A right delayed is a right denied"
Amen!

So you can't buy a gun in your previous state because you a) aren't there anymore and b) are no longer resident, but you can't buy a gun in your new state. Please show me the text, history, and tradition (Bruen) at the time of the founding that supports this ridiculous rule. :rolleyes:

In Washington state you must have been at your address for at least 90 days to purchase a firearm. Does Oregon have the same or similar restrictions?
ORS 127.860 Residency requirement
Factors demonstrating Oregon residency include but are not limited to:

(1)Possession of an Oregon driver license;
(2)Registration to vote in Oregon;
(3)Evidence that the person owns or leases property in Oregon; or
(4)Filing of an Oregon tax return for the most recent tax year. [1995 c.3 §3.10; 1999 c.423 §8]

* As far as I am aware, there is no time restriction (for a firearm purchase). Only that you meet and can demonstrate you have residency status is OR.

In Washington state you must have been at your address for at least 90 days to purchase a firearm. Does Oregon have the same or similar restrictions?
I am unaware of any restrictions like that for Oregon. You will need ID with your current address or the ID and an acceptable document with current address listed. I recently saw somebody get an instant approval with out of State id and a water bill with current OR address on it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR