Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Site Update Changes to the Women Shooters section

Discussion in 'Northwest Firearms Announcements' started by Northwest Firearms, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms Pacific Northwest Site Maintenance

As part of the changes we're making around here (link 1, link 2), we've been considering ways in which we can get more women involved here at NWFA. Since it's creation the Women Shooters section has been a private section where verified women could talk among themselves. The downside to this was that much of the content which would attract women shooters in the first place is hidden from search engines.

As of now the Women Shooters section is open to all for discussion pertaining to women shooters. The existing private section has been configured as a sub-forum in the Women Shooters section named 'Girl Talk', which will remain private for verified women.

cowgirlkaboom, Joe13 and etrain16 like this.
  2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This could be helpful. From time to time, I like to look at stuff like this on behalf of my wife, who doesn't come on the forum. Glad to see this will be open for viewing, but that they'll still have a private area to talk too.

Sgt Nambu, Joe13 and Joe Link like this.
  3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I think it'll be a good change :)

NWGlockgal likes this.
  4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think so to. Allowing open discussion while retaining the private side seams like a win win.

5. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

You show better judgement than Governer Jay Inslee on the subject of where women can go and have an expectation of privacy.

6. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It'll be nice being able to ask women shooters their opinions on shooting equipment, etc. :)

7. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Out of curiosity, what was the verification process and who got to do the verifying?

8. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I do, and it depends :s0112:

We really don't have a standardized process down.