JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
An email from theepicenter.com

Mountain House has announced some changes in their line of products. These changes include Retiring Products, New Products, and a slow transition to their new "Clean Label" line of packaging.

If you have a favorite Mountain House item that is on the discontinued list, now would be a good time to stock up while they remain in stock and available!
What's Retiring
Discontinued products no longer in production include the following items. We will continue offering these discontinued items only while supplies remain in stock.
Discontinued Pro-Paks
  • Pro-Pak Chicken Teriyaki with Rice
  • Pro-Pak Lasagna with Meat Sauce
Discontinued Pouches
  • Noodles & Chicken Pouch
  • Sweet & Sour Pork with Rice Pouch
  • Apple Crisp Pouch
Discontinued #10 Cans
  • Biscuits & Gravy #10 Can
  • Scrambled Eggs with Ham & Peppers #10 Can
  • Raspberry Crumble #10 Can
  • Chicken ala King #10 Can (now Homestyle Chicken Noodle Casserole)
  • Chicken Stew #10 Can
  • Chicken Teriyaki with Rice #10 Can
  • Chicken Fried Rice #10 Can
  • Macaroni & Cheese #10 Can
  • Noodles & Chicken #10 Can
  • Pasta Primavera #10 Can
  • Italian Pepper Steak #10 Can
  • Sweet & Sour Pork with Rice #10 Can
  • Vegetable Stew with Beef #10 Can
  • Pilot Bread Crackers #10 Can
Discontinued Multi-Day Kit
  • Just In Case 5-Day Emergency Food Supply Kit
New "Clean Label" Packaging Rolling Out in 2020
Mountain House products are transitioning to a cleaner label. Clean label products will have:
  • No Artificial Colors
  • No Artificial Flavors
  • No Bioengineered Ingredients
Plus, there are 14 Mountain House recipes that are Certified Gluten-Free by GFCO.
Several new "clean label" pouch items will be available in early 2020:
  • Available in mid-January:
    - Yellow Curry with Rice & Chicken
    - Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich
    - Pad Thai with Chicken
  • The Spicy Southwest Breakfast Hash will be changing its name to Spicy Southwest Style Skillet
  • The new Pro-Pak Clean Label Line is expected to roll out in May 2020: Chili Mac, Breakfast Skillet, Eggs with Bacon, Spaghetti, Beef Stroganoff, Chicken & Rice
  • The standard pouches and #10 cans will transition to the new "clean label" packaging over time
With the exception of Ice Cream products, all standard Mountain House Adventure Line of products have a guaranteed 30-year shelf life when stored unopened in a cool area below 75°F. Mountain House freeze dried foods are recommended for emergency food supplies because of their long storage/shelf life. They're also great to have on hand for camping, picnicking, road trips, beach trips, hiking, backpacking, and brown bag lunches.

This stuff is great to have around as a "just in case". First time I tried some was when it was mentioned here. Bought a few to try and the damn stuff is good. Its not a meal to write home about but for emergency food the damn stuff surprised me. I tried several to see before laying in some and all of it was a fine meal.

First time I tried the Mountain House products, I was in Vietnam. The LRRPs were using them and since I was working on their Long Range Toys, well, they were in a bit of a trading position. I've liked them ever since!

We do our own with this...

I've been contemplating one of these. What kind of power requirements are needed? Also, is it easy to preserve a bunch of leftovers into meals? We seem to toss too much food out as there's not normally enough left over to feed our six mouths. Would really like to know a little more.

I've been contemplating one of these. What kind of power requirements are needed? Also, is it easy to preserve a bunch of leftovers into meals? We seem to toss too much food out as there's not normally enough left over to feed our six mouths. Would really like to know a little more.
Left overs is exactly what my wife loves about it. Power requirements are officially a dedicated 20 amp circuit. Ours is a medium size dryer, and with a clamp-on ammeter it shows 13 amps draw, so ours is on a dedicated 15 amp circuit that we already had in our laundry room.

Harvest Rite has a Facebook page:

Left overs is exactly what my wife loves about it. Power requirements are officially a dedicated 20 amp circuit. Ours is a medium size dryer, and with a clamp-on ammeter it shows 13 amps draw, so ours is on a dedicated 15 amp circuit that we already had in our laundry room.

Harvest Rite has a Facebook page:

I already have the wife talked into it, we are looking foreword to getting it.

I found out they will not ship to Washington State due to the sale tax reporting requirements by the state of Washington. I had to have my order ship to my Oregon office.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top