JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The application is actually prepared by the individual CLEOs, not the state. The state just states the required info to go on the sheet. If you get a CLEO that puts other information on it, it is supposed to be not-required information. Some crappy chiefs have been known to put a lot of unnecessary fields on it in order to discourage applicants.

The application is actually prepared by the individual CLEOs, not the state. The state just states the required info to go on the sheet. If you get a CLEO that puts other information on it, it is supposed to be not-required information. Some crappy chiefs have been known to put a lot of unnecessary fields on it in order to discourage applicants.

Washington County does not do this unless they just started doing it that is...

When I did mine it was on there. Washington County. But I printed mine off the website...granted I didn't list anything. Who said I had a firearm? I just wanted the CHL..

When I did mine it was on there. Washington County. But I printed mine off the website...granted I didn't list anything. Who said I had a firearm? I just wanted the CHL..

This is all I could find on the online Washington County app:

"10. Do you currently possess or own a firearm that is in working order?
Yes No If yes, who manufactured the firearm? (i.e. Glock, Ruger, Winchester, Remington)"

Since this is on a concealed HANDGUN application, I'm kind of curious how
many of us are carrying Winchester or Remington pistols. Remington did
make some neat little autos--but there are probably better choices.

I also wonder what the purpose of the question is????

This is all I could find on the online Washington County app:

"10. Do you currently possess or own a firearm that is in working order?
Yes No If yes, who manufactured the firearm? (i.e. Glock, Ruger, Winchester, Remington)"

Since this is on a concealed HANDGUN application, I'm kind of curious how
many of us are carrying Winchester or Remington pistols. Remington did
make some neat little autos--but there are probably better choices.

I also wonder what the purpose of the question is????

weird...

rem made some kickass 1911's back in the day

i think i would just put NUNYA

LOL... my wife is an Aussie... I get it! :s0155:

I submitted my CHL application for Marion County, the ONLY change from the prior version application is they want you to also provide a SASE for them to send you your CHL... I guess they have spent a fortune in postage (BTW- I had the old version application that omitted the SASE requirement, so they said that was OK since it wasn't my fault)

I downloaded the application for Washington County and filled it out recently. Like the previous poster mentioned, it did ask if I owned a firearm and what brand it was. I wasn't sure if I could leave it blank or not, so I filled it in. I figured if I'm on the list for having a CHL, they can already presume that I own one, although I definitely did not like the question. All I can say is that the application was correct at the time I filled it out and signed it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top