JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, it would be if you were in N. Carolina.

I disagree. Washington does not differentiate between a resident and non-resident CPL. As a non-resident, you can go into WA and apply for your CPL and get it just like a resident. Your CPL is still valid. I went through this question when I moved to Idaho from Washington.

I disagree. Washington does not differentiate between a resident and non-resident CPL. As a non-resident, you can go into WA and apply for your CPL and get it just like a resident. Your CPL is still valid. I went through this question when I moved to Idaho from Washington.

I guess I didnt understand the OP's question. I thought he was talking recipritory in S.Carolina, not if it was still legal/valid if coming back to Wash.

I guess I don't understand. When I applied for my CPL I had to provide a local address. The Renton Police sort of, seemed to think, I should be a resident of their jurisdiction.

Are you saying I could have used an address that was outside the state of WA? Or, that I could of gone to say Spokane to apply for a CPL?

Some how that does not compute with me.

Sort of like to understand,
Ed

I used my Oregon address when I applied for (and received) my Washington CPL.

I believe that if you are a resident of Washington, you have to at least go to the sheriff in the county you reside to obtain the permit.

Keith

All you have to have in addition to your WA-CPL (which is just a piece of printed paper w/o any picture of the holder) is a VALID government issued picture ID, doesn't matter if you're from Mars or Jupiter (cause Renton police are stupider...lol)

I guess I don't understand. When I applied for my CPL I had to provide a local address. The Renton Police sort of, seemed to think, I should be a resident of their jurisdiction.

Are you saying I could have used an address that was outside the state of WA? Or, that I could of gone to say Spokane to apply for a CPL?

WA residents must apply locally where they live. Residents of states other than WA may apply anywhere in WA for a non-resident license. As I understand it, when the OP moved out of Washington, his license became a non-resident license. I live in Oregon and got my non-resident CPL from Cowlitz County, WA. Oregon licenses are not handled at the city level. They are issued by the state at the county sheriff's office. IIRC Washington licenses are also issued by the state but at the city PD, unless the applicant lives outside city limits. In that case the applicant would apply at the county sheriff's office. Hope this helps:s0155:

i skimmed through, but it didn't look like anyone stated the important part: your license is only good so long as it contains accurate information. therefor, submit a change of address, pay their change-of-address fee, and get a new non-res permit with correct address.

your permit doesn't just convert itself.

i skimmed through, but it didn't look like anyone stated the important part: your license is only good so long as it contains accurate information. therefor, submit a change of address, pay their change-of-address fee, and get a new non-res permit with correct address.

your permit doesn't just convert itself.

OP needs to do an address change and a new license issued to him. As I remember it's void until the change is made. I just (about an hour ago) shredded my last WA permit application and I'll bet the info was on it.

--------------------------------------

The "Trade Ratings" is low by 3!
Some people just don't post it I guess

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACSWW member

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT