JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i rotate between a g23, cz p07 and a shield 9mm carry all of them at 2:45-3 o'clock. ive carried my full size 1911 IWB too...little bit too heavy for EVERY day. i do like to carry my 1911 OWB when im bow hunting.

also, idgaF if people see my gun printing. while i try to stay concealed as possible, if they notice and have a problem, thats their problem.

i rotate between a g23, cz p07 and a shield 9mm carry all of them at 2:45-3 o'clock. ive carried my full size 1911 IWB too...little bit too heavy for EVERY day. i do like to carry my 1911 OWB when im bow hunting.

also, idgaF if people see my gun printing. while i try to stay concealed as possible, if they notice and have a problem, thats their problem.
...Man up... Walther PPS 1 .40 ..

I dabbled with CZ and XD but settled mostly with a G23c as a civilian since I got it in 2007 is almost always on me or in arms length. Never had a single hiccup with it, so it's ultra reliable. I sometimes also carry a BUG single stack Walther PPS. OR have others as nightstand, car, or desk duty, varies up a lot depending on what's nearby and loaded. HK, Glock, Sig, CZ, or Walther.

But I must say other guns have called my name pretty hard to edge out the G23c as the primary carry.

My point here? Tiny subcompacts have their place. But if you hate shooting it, or don't shoot it often/well then you probably aren't going to be good when it absolutely counts. An occasional print isn't a big deal and 99% of the general public isn't going to notice anyway. I think some of us get so wrapped up in worrying about printing that we lose sight of the fact that our EDC's need to be an extension of our bodies and smaller isn't necessarily better.
Very wise and true words here.
No matter what you carry , be it a Glock or a flintlock...You need the skill to use it , to be as quick as a thought and the have the willingness to do so.
Andy

No matter what you carry , be it a Glock or a flintlock.

Or when classing it up with a snubnose stuffed in a waistband. Kidding, well kind of. (Working on technical planning, watching potato-heads because momma bear is gone to school, trying to carry on a chat with someone on another site; multitasking can be ... I just lost my train of thought. :p)

OK, to be less wacky, and to satisfy my curiosity; what holster do you use with this setup? Picture of said?

Cascadia Concealment. One of the best holsters out there IMHO.

I'm a lefty, but you get the idea....

IMG_0213.jpg

Kind of surprised you didn't give the 48 a whirl? but then again, mags. The G43X or G48 with the Shield Arms mags is going to be the tits, when they finally hit retail release. The mags that James from TFB's YouTube tested look to be good to go - he abused them far more than most of us would and they kept running, and they didn't explode when he dropped them, or kicked them across the range deck. 15+1 in a slim trim gun is pretty damn appealing.

Now I'm waiting for when you switch up to the G34, because the extra inch of barrel will help distract folks from the lower bulge and you get more thrust per squeeze :p A G34 with an RMR is in your future...

Shield Arms also has a +5 extension for their mags, this bumping up the total capacity up to 20+1.....
They seem to be slowly working through the pre orders so hopefully their getting close to full production and being back in stock. The wait is killing me and Glock not offering the railed version of the G48 state side is not helping either....:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Interesting thread for a relative newbie. I'm a small frame 5'7", a bit overweight at 175, and have small dentist hands (TMI I know). We got a new P365 for my lovely wife that she likes much better, and now my EDC is her old G43X. For those with normal sized man hands you really don't get what the single stack does...it really makes shooting possible and carrying on a smaller frame much more concealable. I too am anxiously awaiting the Shield Arms mags to hit retail to up my capacity a bit. For me it's a L.A.G. Tactical OWB with a proper thick leather gun belt. I love to shoot my Walther PPQ M2 4", but it's really too big for my hand.

Last Edited:
Like some others, my EDC choice has changed several times in the last few years. With all the new offerings that keep popping up I assume I'm not the only one to switch things out....

I started with the super duper subcompact mouse guns. I got it stuck in my head that concealability was THE MOST important thing to EDC. The problem is that these tiny little subcompacts just plain suck to shoot. And I think that one's EDC should be the gun they shoot not necessarily the most, but AT LEAST as often as others. So I bounced around, tried the LCP's, the G42/3's and a few others looking for the ultimate in concealability. The problem was every time I went to the range I found myself not shooting it. I didn't enjoy the tiny size, the snappy recoil and honestly I'm not super great with them accuracy wise.

After a few trial and error type experiences, I ended up with a Glock 26. It concealed OK, shot OK and I carried it for a few years. But it still wasn't my favorite and it was chunky so I wasn't exactly getting the "ultimate concealability" that I was longing for. I just kept telling myself that even though I didn't shoot it much, it was better than a knife or a beer bottle so I was good.

Then I met a few cool dudes from NWFA and realized that it IS possible to conceal a larger firearm quite easily so I moved up to a G19. I absolutely HATED carrying it. For about a week. Then I got used to it and then I forgot it was on me most of the time. 15 rounds, a grip I could actually hang on to and a gun I can shoot. I thought my quest was over. But my OCD and laziness kicked in and I realized that I didn't like having a pile of G17 mags for my other guns and 3 G19 mags for my EDC. Going to the range meant I had to make sure I brought the appropriate mags for my carry as well as all my other Glocks. Yes, I know that G17 mags work in a 19 but it doesn't equate to real-world situations since I never carried it like that. Also, the 19 mags don't work in larger framed guns so that kinda got to me.

Soooo......I rehomed the G19 and picked up a G45. Yes, it was a Glock I kinda poked fun at when it first released. I like to stir the pot around here, it keeps things interesting. Even when it comes to Glocks. So yeah, I wasn't too kind. :D

But it checks the boxes. G19 size slide, uses my existing holster, feels good in the hand and uses G17 mags just like all my other 9mm Glocks. The extra 1/2" or so of grip length doesn't make it conceal any worse and gives it the familiarity of my other Glocks so shooting it will be second nature.

My point here? Tiny subcompacts have their place. But if you hate shooting it, or don't shoot it often/well then you probably aren't going to be good when it absolutely counts. An occasional print isn't a big deal and 99% of the general public isn't going to notice anyway. I think some of us get so wrapped up in worrying about printing that we lose sight of the fact that our EDC's need to be an extension of our bodies and smaller isn't necessarily better. :s0140:
I also carry a Glock 45 on a daily basis. Good taste my friend. I love it when people say you can't carry full size pistols. I am 5'10 180 pounds and can conceal it easily.

I shoot my Glock 17's well. More so over my many 19's. Sight radius. I switched to my 17 for edc and haven't looked back. I carry appendix in a trex arms holster that carry's an extra mag. Was uncomfortable. But after 2 weeks you forget and figure out what position you like it to ride at. It's almost more comfortable than my 19 as it rides on a different spot of my pelvic bone. I almost went g45 or g19x. But it was sight radius That won me. Never hit steel at 80 yds until I tried with 17

Like some others, my EDC choice has changed several times in the last few years. With all the new offerings that keep popping up I assume I'm not the only one to switch things out....

I started with the super duper subcompact mouse guns. I got it stuck in my head that concealability was THE MOST important thing to EDC. The problem is that these tiny little subcompacts just plain suck to shoot. And I think that one's EDC should be the gun they shoot not necessarily the most, but AT LEAST as often as others. So I bounced around, tried the LCP's, the G42/3's and a few others looking for the ultimate in concealability. The problem was every time I went to the range I found myself not shooting it. I didn't enjoy the tiny size, the snappy recoil and honestly I'm not super great with them accuracy wise.

After a few trial and error type experiences, I ended up with a Glock 26. It concealed OK, shot OK and I carried it for a few years. But it still wasn't my favorite and it was chunky so I wasn't exactly getting the "ultimate concealability" that I was longing for. I just kept telling myself that even though I didn't shoot it much, it was better than a knife or a beer bottle so I was good.

Then I met a few cool dudes from NWFA and realized that it IS possible to conceal a larger firearm quite easily so I moved up to a G19. I absolutely HATED carrying it. For about a week. Then I got used to it and then I forgot it was on me most of the time. 15 rounds, a grip I could actually hang on to and a gun I can shoot. I thought my quest was over. But my OCD and laziness kicked in and I realized that I didn't like having a pile of G17 mags for my other guns and 3 G19 mags for my EDC. Going to the range meant I had to make sure I brought the appropriate mags for my carry as well as all my other Glocks. Yes, I know that G17 mags work in a 19 but it doesn't equate to real-world situations since I never carried it like that. Also, the 19 mags don't work in larger framed guns so that kinda got to me.

Soooo......I rehomed the G19 and picked up a G45. Yes, it was a Glock I kinda poked fun at when it first released. I like to stir the pot around here, it keeps things interesting. Even when it comes to Glocks. So yeah, I wasn't too kind. :D

But it checks the boxes. G19 size slide, uses my existing holster, feels good in the hand and uses G17 mags just like all my other 9mm Glocks. The extra 1/2" or so of grip length doesn't make it conceal any worse and gives it the familiarity of my other Glocks so shooting it will be second nature.

My point here? Tiny subcompacts have their place. But if you hate shooting it, or don't shoot it often/well then you probably aren't going to be good when it absolutely counts. An occasional print isn't a big deal and 99% of the general public isn't going to notice anyway. I think some of us get so wrapped up in worrying about printing that we lose sight of the fact that our EDC's need to be an extension of our bodies and smaller isn't necessarily better. :s0140:
I carried a Glock 23 on duty as a Deputy Sheriff for at least a decade. I had a Glock 27 for back up and I felt well armed. But, I felt better carrying the 23 for EDC than the 27, and ended up carrying the 23 95% of the time. Lately, I've begun carrying a Sig 365 in warmer months when I need better concealment, and the 23 in cooler months when concealablity isn't so much of an issue, and when a potential attacker might be wearing heavy clothing. The 40S&W will have no issues with heavy clothing. I have two other handguns I may use as back up. A S&W 649 357 Magnum in a pocket or a Glock 43 in an ankle rig. The 649 is especially useful in the pocket of a heavy coat, as it can be used without even removing it from the pocket. That's a trick I learned as a Deputy. Never had to use it fortunately.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top