JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any benefit to changeable backstraps? I can tell a difference in all of them but they are all conferrable. The larger ones allow me more of a firm grip with my support hand but cant tell any difference on the range. Only downside I see is that the large grip might print a little more when carrying but that's a stretch. Thoughts?

Any benefit to changeable backstraps? I can tell a difference in all of them but they are all conferrable. The larger ones allow me more of a firm grip with my support hand but cant tell any difference on the range. Only downside I see is that the large grip might print a little more when carrying but that's a stretch. Thoughts?

My Ruger SR9 feels a little better in my hand with the bump backstrap than it does with the flat one, but I'm sure it would shoot the same either way. And I'd say it's more than a stretch to say the backstrap will make it print more. It isn't adding length or sideways width to the grip, just on the back where it isn't going to interact with any clothing anyways. It's all basically just a personal preference thing to help you customize the gun for your own comfort right out of the box without having to buy anything extra.

I like them in general. I never use the Glock backstraps, but I mix and match with my M&Ps. My duty weapon has the small since I'm always wearing gloves. My personal M&P has the med/large since I never use gloves off duty. My 2.0 compact uses the small. I use rounder grips on a 1911 to fill my hand a little better. I only use E2 grips or flat G10 on Sigs.

Adjustable backstraps likely make more of a difference for people with smaller hands. With larger hands, probably every backstrap will feel reasonably ok. But that's likely not the case with smaller hands. YMMV.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top