JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Once you make a thread, is there a way to change a thread title?

I'm new around here and listed a classified add and I'd like to remove the price that I put in the title so I can make updates in the thread instead.

I thought the option was available when I first posted, but now it doesn't give me the option anymore.

Thanks

I'm new around here and listed a classified add and I'd like to remove the price that I put in the title so I can make updates in the thread instead.

I thought the option was available when I first posted, but now it doesn't give me the option anymore.

Thanks

Close/delete the thread and start over. ;)

Upvote 0
Come on there has to be more of us......really.....start over.
Mods can you help I TOO HAVE THIS HABBIT

GOOD IDEA FOR MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGE

It's easy to do, but the mods have to do it for you. Simply report your own original post (should see a button to do that) and simply type in the report that you would like the title changed and what you'd like it changed to. I've done it several times before - they usually get it done within 24 hours or less.

Upvote 0

Thanks

See my reply in the post above. As to your option to change it when you posted - you get 5 minutes after you post an ad to edit the title. After that, only a mod can do it. Just 'report' your post using the report button and make the request - they'll take care of it for you.

Upvote 0
See my reply in the post above. As to your option to change it when you posted - you get 5 minutes after you post an ad to edit the title. After that, only a mod can do it. Just 'report' your post using the report button and make the request - they'll take care of it for you.

I have changed a new thread title immediately after posting it. It works. Didn't know there was a 5 minute window.
Thanks for the info @etrain16

Upvote 0
BIG THANKS GUYS ......Y'ALL KNOWS EVERYTHING.KUDOS

It used to be an option that everyone could do. It got changed because, as Joe explained it, thread title changes affect the search indexes on the interwebs and mess with searches and traffic apparently. I don't quite understand it, but that was the reason behind making it a mod-only option, at least after those 5 minutes expire.

Upvote 0

Thanks
I see most of your ads have the price in the title so yes please report the one you need changed.

This area may help you also.How do I...?

How do I use the classified section?

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews