JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today I had an appointment with the Oregon DMV, to get the Real ID DL.
Had all my paperwork in hand, presented what I needed to, to the DMV guy and his first question was: When did you move to Canby?
Me, a resident of Hillsboro and have been since 2015, said: hmmm, I did not move
Him: hmmm, our records show you changed your address from the Hillsboro address to an address in Canby.
Me: (my mind was swimming with the possible issues and causes, especially with identity theft)
No.... not sure who would have changed it, but I sure did not... all my documentation shows I reside in Hillsboro.

I give a lot of credit to the DMV clerk, he was bird dogging this pretty hard, trying to find out the why and how.
I did a quick search of myself, in the Canby area and I will be doggoned... I am the City manager of Canby... or rather someone with the same name is
I showed this the the clerk... who was talking to his supervisor about this...
Then, suddenly... I chuckled to myself... I now realized why I was having issues with the background checks when purchasing a firearm from a dealer or pawn shop.
Yup, ever since August 2020, when I would buy a firearm, the BGC people would call the vendor to verify that my DL had my correct address.
Son of a bubblegum...
So it would seem that the guy, with the same name as myself, only with a 3rd behind it, had moved to Canby, from Hillsboro and whomever had entered in the data had mistakenly used my address instead of his old one...
Now it all makes sense... fortunately, DMV got it all fixed for me, but I got to wonder how much this happens and how often it is caught before it really gives people trouble....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top