JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No surprises here as I have already switched almost everything to 45acp :D

My MT husband did this with keeping two matching 45acp pistols (Exact duplicates!) and one 22lr pocket pistol.

The '45' was his favorite TOP caliber in semi automatic pistols (45acp) and in various single action revolvers (45Long Colt, etc.).

He owned many different caliber handguns (And other firearms.) in semi automatic pistols and in d/a and s/a revolvers over the years. (Me too but I owned/shot NOTHING like what he owned for all of his life.)

He had several matching pistol caliber (CF and RF) lever action rifles as I did but he owned far MORE than I did over the years too.

Everything else in handguns went bye bye as he aged and before/after retirement.

He has NOT regretted any decision that he made over the years when it came to enjoying ALL of his firearms. Past and present!

I have not regretted any decision regarding what I enjoyed owning and shooting. I miss shooting some handguns 'sometimes' but that is only due to my severe hand arthritis. I am thankful that I still have 2 hands too!

And right now, at 70 years old, I am very HAPPY with my 2 CZ bolt action rifles using iron sights in 22wmr and 22lr.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
Call me calloused, but why does it matter what a SO thinks about HIS change? Or any others change for that matter? Gotta ask permission to change calibers/guns? No effing way.

^^^

This!

Thank you.

Old Lady Cate

I have now moved completely away from the 9MM and up to the .40 S&W. I guess I just wanted a little more punch with my defense handguns so, here is my little family of Glock's in .40. Glock 35, Glock 22 and a Glock 33 with a 27 barrel. The 33 will be for carry, the 22 for home using a WML and the 35 for everything else and to just look at!:s0112: I've got a little over 1100 rounds in .40 and picking up more whenever I can. I might pick up a couple of .40-9mm conversion kits for the G35 and G22 for down the road if something causes me to change again. Anyone else done a change in the time of change?

View attachment 756032

Congrats in your decision and I hope that you can find what you need 'ammo wise' too.

It will make stocking up a little bit easier for you going to one caliber. Once the craziness dies down!

Take care and good shooting to you too!

Old Lady Cate
PS: My MT husband has a bit of factory ammo in 45acp. (Not your caliber obviously.) He reloads the rest of his ammunition and has done this since the early 1970's.

.40. What to say? It seems lately to be in somewhat of a decline. Being a fan of Evan Whildin and his creations, I took to the .41 Action Express immediately. Two calibers in one gun. S&W should have rebated the rim of the 40 to 9mm dimensions - better for manufacturing, better for shooters.

As it is, I sit with my converted .41 AE Hi-Power clone. As rare, arcane and obscure as it is, it is a 40 turned up to 11.

Nice decision, IMO. I've always been a .40 fan. A few years ago a trauma surgeon posted his opinion on the damage done by 9, 40, & 45, and 40 was the clear winner in damage done. Makes sense, since the round was developed for LEOs. But to each their own I say. I respect whatever people decide to carry, as long as they carry! As for ammo, I buy from LAX Ammo out of California. Get on their mailing list and wait for free shipping specials. I've never has a bad round from them, and I've been using them for over 5 years.

Well, since the G33/27 and the G22 are going to primarily be for defense, I am only taking them to the range tomorrow. I'll do the G35 on another day after I replace the ammo I shoot up tomorrow. Got some mags all ready to go and will follow up when I return.:s0155:

Magtech 180gr FMJFP
Winchester Ranger T-Series LE 180gr JHP.
View attachment 756561
Where are you finding replacement ammo? We only have a Bi-Mart here in our little town with mostly bare ammo shelves.

I have carried and shot most common calibers but decided on the 357 sig, initially due to the ballistics but now due to the accuracy- it just shoots more accurately for me. This caliber is a little more expensive and a little harder to find, as previously stated.

If I was doing it all over again I'd probably skip the 9mm and have just .40s. But I have six 9mms and a lot of magazines so it's too late to migrate. I also have 3K or more rounds of 9mm so it would be pretty hard to stock that much .40, especially right now.

If I was doing it all over again I'd probably skip the 9mm and have just .40s. But I have six 9mms and a lot of magazines so it's too late to migrate. I also have 3K or more rounds of 9mm so it would be pretty hard to stock that much .40, especially right now.

Six guns, or twelve guns in one caliber is no reason not to buy into another caliber.

''The race is long. And in the end it's with yourself''.

Well, what a great day to be at the range! Nice and cool and hardly anyone there. I set up my target @ 10 yards, my tape is 33ft and that's what I set the target at. First 18 rounds were with the G33/27 drawing and firing one shot at a time from my new DeSantis E-GAT slide holster using the Winchester Ranger T-Series LE 180 JHP's. I had two outside the bunny.:rolleyes: @Kruel J

72988e81-9539-4d17-a1d4-e0ce51edde80.jpg b12785fd-9e61-4437-a5ae-1ae7b36a4ce8.jpg e21ed8af-53e1-4593-97f9-a1a905fda40d.jpg 00a855d0-d20a-4406-890b-555e51e8ecb9.jpg

Last Edited:
The rest of the shooting was point and shoot with both the G33/27 and the G22. All mags functioned perfectly and I only had one issue. It was an oops on me! First round from the G22 and the magazine dropped. No issues after that so, I believe upon recoil from that first shot, my thumb hit the mag release and dropped the mag to the hard top.:s0112: Was also shooting the Magtech 180 gr. FMJ.

a5179e0c-9078-4636-9917-bd61f90c8096.jpg

I want to add that I really like the compact Glock and enjoyed shooting it. In fact, I think I'm going to love it! I'm going to hit the range with it again soon and try some 165gr JHP and see how they work before deciding to carry it. The Glock 22 will be the bedside/HDG with a WML added.

Got my girls all cleaned up and ready to go! Can't stand a dirty gun and they are immediately cleaned after every shooting session.:s0155:

thumbnail_IMG_0325.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads