JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Call me calloused, but why does it matter what a SO thinks about HIS change? Or any others change for that matter? Gotta ask permission to change calibers/guns? No effing way.

For some families......a firearms collection/arsenal is a significant "investment". Not to mention......that family members watch each other's backs.

Aloha, Mark

For some families......a firearms collection/arsenal is a significant "investment". Not to mention......that family members watch each other's backs.

Aloha, Mark

Point taken, but a few Glocks isn't exactly a "collection". And I'm pretty sure backs can be watched with either 9mm or .40. :D

Point taken, but a few Glocks isn't exactly a "collection". And I'm pretty sure backs can be watched with either 9mm or .40. :D

Some people.....prefer and shoot "better" with the lower recoiling 9mm and perhaps (in some cases) smaller platform.

One of the reasons why.......I guess......some PDs issue 9mms instead of the 40 S&W (or .45 ACP) as an on-duty uniform carry weapon. Not to mention......the interchangeability of magazines and the lower ammo costs.

Aloha, Mark

I've been known to make fun of .40, I've been doing it for quite some time. But honestly I happen to like it. I also like seeing .40 guys get all riled up so I poke a little fun here and there. :D

I can honestly say, I've never been a caliber guy. 98% of the time, I have multiple calibers in the arsenal. It's only been the last couple of months, I decided to get to one caliber and the .40 fit my thinking and purposes.:)

I can honestly say, I've never been a caliber guy. 98% of the time, I have multiple calibers in the arsenal. It's only been the last couple of months, I decided to get to one caliber and the .40 fit my thinking and purposes.:)

I've dabbled in quite a few, but settled on 9mm for my EDC and others. I do have a 1911 in .45ACP and two revolvers in .357 Magnum though so what do I know? :D

.357 Magnum
For a number of years, I carried an SP101. I could shoot that gun very well because of the way it fit my hand. I always practice many hours with whatever gun I intend to carry. You'd probably laugh if you could've seen me last night drawing and holstering the G33 in preparation for tomorrows range day.:s0112: Some of my shooting will be drawing and firing one shot drills.

For a number of years, I carried an SP101. I could shoot that gun very well because of the way it fit my hand. I always practice many hours with whatever gun I intend to carry. You'd probably laugh if you could've seen me last night drawing and holstering the G33 in preparation for tomorrows range day.:s0112: Some of my shooting will be drawing and firing one shot drills.

One of my wheelies is an SP101. The other is a GP100. :cool:

Yep, Ruger really hit it good with those. I also owned the GP100 but, it was a little large for my hand so, I moved down to the SP101.

When I first started carrying, almost 20yrs now, that little Taurus 605 in the pic below, was everywhere I went. I carried it with .357 loads and it could really rock your hand!:eek: The Kahr CW40 was also a favorite carry.

DSC00194.JPG

Oddly I carry a 9MM every day but when I go on my annual motorcycle ride I'll take my G23 in .40

I can't answer why but I do feel when I'm that far out and can only rely on one pistol, I'll take my chances with my trusty .40

I have now moved completely away from the 9MM and up to the .40 S&W. I guess I just wanted a little more punch with my defense handguns so, here is my little family of Glock's in .40. Glock 35, Glock 22 and a Glock 33 with a 27 barrel. The 33 will be for carry, the 22 for home using a WML and the 35 for everything else and to just look at!:s0112: I've got a little over 1100 rounds in .40 and picking up more whenever I can. I might pick up a couple of .40-9mm conversion kits for the G35 and G22 for down the road if something causes me to change again. Anyone else done a change in the time of change?
This is great news! Now that you've been "broke" from 9mm, it's time to break you off those Glocks, too! :eek:

And the endless Glock vs. Any Other Gun cage-match begins in 3... 2... 1... :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top