JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so i got your attention :) So tell me if this sounds like a killer idea.
Were thinking of hosting a competition shoot kind of like the oregon sniper challenge without the helo of course. Mainly for the guys that arent up to the caliber of folks that are gonna be there at the sniper challenge. Im fairly new to long range shooting but would love to get together with other oregonians that love to shoot long range and test there skills in a real world environment. First i will say this, we are trying to be able to get 2 thats right 2 george allen precision rifles for the grand prize team to walk away with. If you have never looked at or shot a GAP rifle it will blow your mind. So far what we have figured out is the area it will be held, and alot of the courses are figured out as far as scoring also. I have spoke with a couple local shops that will be donating prizes also like berger bullets, hornady ammo etc.. we are also looking into the option for 2nd place teams to walk away with a nice new off the shelf remmy or savage or something of that nature. The only way for us to do this is to get an idea of how many people would actually be interested in this. The oregon sniper cvhallenge this year i believe was 200.00 per person, for our event we were discussing possibly as low as 50.00 per person and a 2 day event. we would like to see a turn out of approx 75 to 100 people so upwards of 40 teams. We would have range officers and staff for this event and will be held on prrivate property, it is a non profit deal to where all the entree fees would go straight to the prizes, we would get nothing except the pleasure to make some new friends. One major thing we wanted was for NO benchrest rifles, Just your ordinary off the shelf rifles with minor work done. We dont want to discourage the newer group of shooters by putting them up against a full custom with a nightforce scope when they are using a savage 110 or something of the sort with factory scopes. If this sounds like a good deal please shoot me an email with suggestions etc.. or post em here and lets see if we can do something with it.

is anyone interested in helping out with this event? Like spotting for the stalking event, helping as range officer, you will still be able to participate in the event

Here is a very rough idea of what the events will be so far.

Sniper/Spotter Drills (10 shots ea. shooter)
spotter walks shooter onto the targets called out, shooter will not see target on paper 50 yd land 6 shots 2 per corresponding targets shooter will have 4 walk on target shots to 3 targets

Off Hand Shooting (10 shots ea. shooter)
50 yd standing (4 shots), 100 yd sit/kneel (3 shots), 100 yd prone (3 shots)

Weakside Barricade Shooting (10 shots ea. shooter)
100 yd step wall kneeling, (5 shots), 50 yd prone (5 shots)

Sniper Eliminations
stalk with 10x binos into range to identify a corresponding target held by a spotter without being identified.

Limited Exposure Hostage Engagement (10 shots ea. shooter)
shooter will engage 5 hostage targets ranging from 50 - 200 yards, Shooter may engage ea of the 5 targets 2 shot max on ea. target

Long Distance Engagement (10 shots ea. shooter)
2 - 18" steel plates 1@approx 500 yards 1@approx 1000 yards, 5 shots ea. target

And if i am correct, maybe i will need claryfying on this but if its a "group" of friends that met on a parcel of land and donated 50.00 ea. to a "pot" for friendly bets i think there wouldnt be insurance needed woiuld there?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top