JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I come here mainly for the range - it is one of the few 25yd ranges in the area. It's also heated so you won't freeze in the winter. The target hangers are rail-mounted for stability, but it's hit or miss whether the motor will crap out. I don't know what the deal is, it just seems like it's rare to get a lane with a motor that "just works". A lot of the time, they kind of slow down as you're sending it down, and I've had a few that just jumped the rail and stopped working for the day. Other than that the range is pretty clean and well-maintained.

Rental selection is so-so.. Not as wide a selection as other area ranges, but they have most of the popular handguns as well as a few carbines.

Range rules are typical - no steel/aluminum cased ammo, no rapid fire and no drawing from holster. No extra fee for using your own ammo in case you were wondering

Good place to shoot. Gunsmithing is about average depending on who's doing it. Prices a little high but seem to be coming down.

But they need to quit talking bad about other gunshops when customers are standing at the counter.

Wow! I was in there today and I thought they were great. One of the person's I talked to said he was the ex Head Gunsmith for Detonics when they were based out of the Seattle area. I asked what he thought about the Detonics USA (Georgia) and he said they were a much better firearm.

I found them to be no BS and very helpful. BTW they had multiple Ruger LCP's and LCR's.

My first opinion only.

I gotta admit, they've made small improvements to their staff, but their prices are terrible. Flat out terrible, and the selection likewise. If they didn't make anything off the casual suckers that don't know anywhere else to go they'd be out of business. I hate to rate this as the worst shop to go to next to Discount Gun Sales but at least these guys have a range on site...:(

I use the range weekly. I find the range staff friendly (they'll greet customers first) and those in the gun shop helpful. Prices in the gun shop aren't the lowest around, but, in all, I like this place.

I hope so.It wasn't a good thing going on in Fife.
True or not the stories were rampant about the store.

Happy if he's doing good business up there.

Oh and that's over a hundred mile drive just to see?

I'll try to remember next time I go to the west sound.

Had a fantastic buying experience from this shop. They were nice, friendly, and very patient while I handled and asked questions about a decent number of their pistols. Definitely plan to stop here first next time I'm in the market for a brand new firearm.

Nice shop, I haven't purchased a firearm there but have accessories and ammo. Friendly service in the shop and the range. Good selection. Prices a little steep on some things but not as bad as some other local shops.

Decent selection of rentals at the range, though sometimes you'll pull one and find it doesn't want to run. Sometimes the target tracks fail and you'll have to switch lanes. Now they are allowing .223 in the range but only their frangible ammo.

My big gripe is their awful parking lot.

Haven't been there in a couple years.

What I like about Champion is that they'll let me teach private lessons, what I didn't like about them was that it always seems dark in the range. I like lots of light, but it could be me.

Haven't been there in a couple years.

What I like about Champion is that they'll let me teach private lessons, what I didn't like about them was that it always seems dark in the range. I like lots of light, but it could be me.

Thanks for the update. Maybe I'll grab a buddy and go check them out next week... the range happens to be located inbetween my commute from home-to-work, so I was considering it as an option.

Many of you may have seen the Video on King 5, news. We at Champion Arms want to let you know that the range and all classes will continue as normal. The store will be under new ownership operating as Champion Arms, LLC in the same Kent location. Contrary to the way the King 5 broadcast might lead viewers to believe, Champion Arms had administrative problems with paperwork and was not alleged to have sold firearms to criminals or inappropriate persons.

The range and classes, all memberships and passes are still being honored.

An update for this thread as well - New management took over in Oct 2011. The parking lot still sucks but we do have extra space in the lot north of the building. Peter Dunn (Detonics Fame) is the current gunsmith. The target trollys have been updated as well as a change in counter personnel. A lot of changes have taken place in the last year, many for the better.

-M1Gunr (Bill) current General Manager.

Many of you may have seen the Video on King 5, news. We at Champion Arms want to let you know that the range and all classes will continue as normal. The store will be under new ownership operating as Champion Arms, LLC in the same Kent location. Contrary to the way the King 5 broadcast might lead viewers to believe, Champion Arms had administrative problems with paperwork and was not alleged to have sold firearms to criminals or inappropriate persons.

The range and classes, all memberships and passes are still being honored.

An update for this thread as well - New management took over in Oct 2011. The parking lot still sucks but we do have extra space in the lot north of the building. Peter Dunn (Detonics Fame) is the current gunsmith. The target trollys have been updated as well as a change in counter personnel. A lot of changes have taken place in the last year, many for the better.

-M1Gunr (Bill) current General Manager.

Thanks for the update, Bill.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top