JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My son was watching some videos and they said in a particular state chambered is different then just loaded in the clip... Does Oregon recognize a difference in a loaded gun as chambered or just full clip??? this was in reference to driving with a loaded gun....

check out the Oregon Firearms Federation web site there is some great info on there. As far as I know the state of Oregon does not recognize a "loaded or unloaded" firearm. I do know that in some city's in Oregon non CHL holders can not transport loaded firearm.

If I remember correctly Utah has a two steps from firing rule when carrying openly with no permit. A revolver has to have the chamber under the hammer and the one to the left empty, two trigger pulls from firing. A semi-auto in condition three requires the rack of the slide and a trigger pull to fire.

The state of Oregon does not care if it is loaded or not (open carry is legal in OR without a permit); however, some municipalities (Portland, Salem, Eugene etc) do. It is illegal in the City of Portland to have a loaded gun or loaded magzine without a CCL.

14A.60.010 Possession of a Loaded Firearm in a Public Place. - Printable Version
(Amended by Ordinance No. 184274, effective December 31, 2010.)

A. It is unlawful for any person to knowingly possess or carry a firearm, in or upon a public place, including while in a vehicle in a public place, recklessly having failed to remove all the ammunition from the firearm.

B. It is unlawful for any person to knowingly possess or carry a firearm and that firearm's clip or magazine, in or upon a public place, including while in a vehicle in a public place, recklessly having failed to remove all the ammunition from the clip or magazine.

C. The following are exceptions and constitute affirmative defenses to a violation of this Section:
3. A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.

Unless you're carrying a Broomhandle Mauser it's a magazine, not a "clip"..

But you understood what he was talking about right?
Kinda like soda and pop right?
Nobody really gives a rat's patuty right?
Oye vey....did I spell that right?

Joeroket,I believe you can take another class to CC a wheel gun,or I should say you have to.
And in Utah you are supposed to carry your semiauto with an empty chamber,while CCing

Washington the gun is loaded with a loaded "CLIP" in the gun.

Unless you're carrying a Broomhandle Mauser it's a magazine, not a "clip"..

pardon me... thx for clearing that up

KIMBER CUSTOM... thanks for posting.. very helpful. Ive been copy n pasting everyones quotes. I should prolly just read more of actual docs, but seems endless.
Oye vey....did I spell that right?.
thx some understand.

Oye vey....did I spell that right?

Joeroket,I believe you can take another class to CC a wheel gun,or I should say you have to.
And in Utah you are supposed to carry your semiauto with an empty chamber,while CCing

Washington the gun is loaded with a loaded "CLIP" in the gun.

To my knowledge you when you get your CHL in Utah you are not restricted to what pistol you carry. One class, one permit, any pistol you want.
You are not required to carry unloaded, definition of unloaded is described in my last post, with a CHL and you are not allowed to CC without a CHL. So that leaves non-CHL holders one option. Open carry unloaded.

To my knowledge you when you get your CHL in Utah you are not restricted to what pistol you carry. One class, one permit, any pistol you want.
You are not required to carry unloaded, definition of unloaded is described in my last post, with a CHL and you are not allowed to CC without a CHL. So that leaves non-CHL holders one option. Open carry unloaded.

Just check before you CC ...that means outside your car over there...cause as I remember in the class,there was something to do with carrying a revolver. It's been a year for me though and I don't carry a revolver.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top