JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I'm understanding things right the AG just admitted they can't start it this week.

Good god if they give another deadline, those really on the fence are gonna jump.
Hell if they push out the deadline again I'll go add to the queue just for the f-ck of it. I can always use another Glock and have one more blue label purchase available to me this year. Haha

The state finally acknowledge what I've been saying the biggest legal problem with 114 is: even if the permit system in general and magazine capacity limits are constitutional the fact that there is no permit system in place makes it unconstitutional as it is drafted on the planned date it becomes law. (I know that we can all assert the magazine capacity limits and permit system are unconstitutional outright too, but it's up to the Federal Courts to interpret the law and the holding of NYSPRA v. Buren does not expressly rule on either of those concepts or consider, them in a strict scrutiny context or address what history says about firearms purchasing permits or magazine capacity limits).

In the last two weeks LEVO has ensured that thousands of firearms purchasers would get firearms legally with NO background check because the que and no permit system essentially forced FFLs to release firearms purchases under the Federal 3 day rule. By pushing the envelope the SOS and LEVO created a situation their law was supposed to prevent. So dumb.

Last Edited:
If they give another couple months I'll probably get a .308 rifle and maybe a 1911 in 9mm.

If not, oh well. I have what I need hardware-wise.

The state finally acknowledge what I've been saying the biggest problem with 114 is: even if the permit system in general and magazine capacity limits are constitutional the fact that there is no permit system in place makes it unconstitutional as it is drafted on the planned date it becomes law. In the last two weeks LEVO has ensured that thousands of firearms purchasers would get firearms legally with NO background check because the que and no permit system essentially forced FFLs to release firearms purchases under the Federal 3 day rule. By pushing the envelope the SOS and LEVO created a situation their law was supposed to prevent. So dumb.
That was their original plan. They knew they'd be allowed to drag feet til the 2023 legislation before they could map out the rest. separating IP18 from IP17 (114) to ensure passage, all planned.

Fairly sure IP17 was originally planned pre Bruen ruling.

Last Edited:
And how are they going to know which ones those are?
I was just at my FFL and was asking for my mags that are over 10 rounds. He said he could not give them to me because the serial number on the gun indicates it comes with 2 mags over 10 rounds. Those purchases would be cancelled if the mag ban holds up and I would need a 10 round specific model. Looks like background would be voided and waiting on a neutered gun. I was a little pissed that I could not receive the gun I legally purchased well before the deadline.

I was just at my FFL and was asking for my mags that are over 10 rounds. He said he could not give them to me because the serial number on the gun indicates it comes with 2 mags over 10 rounds. Those purchases would be cancelled if the mag ban holds up and I would need a 10 round specific model. Looks like background would be voided and waiting on a neutered gun. I was a little pissed that I could not receive the gun I legally purchased well before the deadline.
Ah, I did not know that, my assumption was mag capacity wsn't a question on the 4473.

Always had the plan to open up a gun shop and just play nonstop D fear propaganda and then use examples like 114 causing the direct opposite of what they want being massive sales of firearms.

Grabbers really are the lords of war they so despise

Pretty sure that would be the SKU and not tied to the serial. I think your FFL is blowing smoke.

Ah, I did not know that, my assumption was mag capacity wsn't a question on the 4473.
Pretty sure that would be the SKU and not tied to the serial. I think your FFL is blowing smoke.
Might be. I was not happy. Already purchased the guns, didn't understand why I couldn't get the mags. Know I can't get them after the 8th if we don't get the injunction.

I can't recall any sites off the top of my head now, but I've 100% seen sites that sell guns specifically saying that if you live in a state with a mag limit ban, the seller will just remove the magazines and send you the gun without any mags.

That FFL is definitely full of something.

I can't recall any sites off the top of my head now, but I've 100% seen sites that sell guns specifically saying that if you live in a state with a mag limit ban, the seller will just remove the magazines and send you the gun without any mags.

That FFL is definitely full of something.
That is what I thought to be true. Screwed all around because he said he wouldn't do a 3 day release without a prior background check. Have 2 going but still at 1483 at noon today with CHL and can't get my mags. He stated he would have to get me the 10 round version of the firearms. That means a new background check for both I am waiting on.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top