JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up an industrial tumbler the other day & got to talking about 40S&W reloading & bought 3/4 of a 1# jug for $10.
Anyone load with this powder? Satisfied or not?
I have looked on Hodgon's load data website and found only a few recipes but they are using the Winchester SP primers (I have CCI SP) achieving a starting load with 6.9 gn, 1,124 velocity, 28,000 PSI. Max load is 7.5 gn, 1,205 ft/s at 33,900 PSI. Set your sights on pistol reloading data | Hodgdon Reloading

Also wanting to know if there are any good loads with the CFE-BLK.
CFE BLK

Thanks in advance folks!!!;)

I use the hell out of it.

Meters so damn well. I get a total swing of .2gr per 100 throws from a Lee Auto Pro powder drop.

I run CFE-Pistol for .38, .357, .40, .9mm
I also use CFE-223 for ... yup, .223 loads.

I buy it whenever I see it around $20/lb. Hoarder.

I use the hell out of it.

Meters so damn well. I get a total swing of .2gr per 100 throws from a Lee Auto Pro powder drop.

I run CFE-Pistol for .38, .357, .40, .9mm
I also use CFE-223 for ... yup, .223 loads.

I buy it whenever I see it around $20/lb. Hoarder.

That's what I wanted to hear right there!!! I also heard they make CFE BLK for 300BLK.... it's worth a try using CFE for all my calibers (40S&W, 223 & 300BLK). It's so easy to remember for us remember challenged folks.:p
Thanks!!!

That's what I wanted to hear right there!!! I also heard they make CFE BLK for 300BLK.... it's worth a try using CFE for all my calibers (40S&W, 223 & 300BLK). It's so easy to remember for us remember challenged folks.:p
Thanks!!!

I use CFE now exclusively for 9mm because it has good consistency both metering and in velocities. I have some hotter (slower) powder for really POWER loads in .357, and I'm still working through some of the weaker powders for .40 but when I need a punch load the CFE is the Go-to.

CFE-223 on the otherhand has a lot more snap in larger calibers like .308, it's noticeable a lot.

I may have to give this a try if I can track some down. My only loading for 9mm so far has been with Titegroup, and so far, it doesn't seem to meter as well as I imagine is possible.

I have used CFE pistol in 45 acp jacketed bullets with good results. Very clean burning
and excellent accuracy. I would recommend. I have not used many of
the newer powders.o_O I started reloading in 1979. Blue Dot was my go
to powder for 45 acp jacketed bullets. Bullseye for 45 acp cast bullets.
9 mm jacketed bullets I use Blue Dot or Unique. Never had good accuracy
with WW 231 in 9mm or 45 acp.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top