JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been using it in 2 cartridges (.223 rem. and .243 WSSM) that I use in 4 rifles (2 ARs and 2Bolt guns) and have had very good results. I found it very easy to work up loads that were quite accurate.

The borescope revealed that the copper eraser claims made by Hodgon were for the most part also accurate.The only visible fouling I found in my guns appeared in the ARs in the rifling just past the gas port, which is not really a surprise. The fouling in that area was a lot lighter than I had seen in the barrels when using other powders.

You will probably find that the CFE leaves more soot in the barrel that you might be used to depending upon your other powders and the loads you use. As far as i am concerned that is a fair trade for less copper to clean and the copper had to go somewhere.......

I've been using it in 2 cartridges (.223 rem. and .243 WSSM) that I use in 4 rifles (2 ARs and 2Bolt guns) and have had very good results. I found it very easy to work up loads that were quite accurate.

The borescope revealed that the copper eraser claims made by Hodgon were for the most part also accurate.The only visible fouling I found in my guns appeared in the ARs in the rifling just past the gas port, which is not really a surprise. The fouling in that area was a lot lighter than I had seen in the barrels when using other powders.

You will probably find that the CFE leaves more soot in the barrel that you might be used to depending upon your other powders and the loads you use. As far as i am concerned that is a fair trade for less copper to clean and the copper had to go somewhere.......
Good to know. Thanks for the info. It also appears CFE 223 gives better velocity than some.

Might have to look into getting some.

Very consistent throws with the powder dispenser as well. Use it in 223 AR with nice results. Just purchased another jar last week. I was at Cabelas in Tualatin on Thursday and they had a bunch.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top