JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did something stupid, as usual... bought 2 Cetme/G3 receivers, thinking that they'd be fairly easy to put together. Learned the hard way about looking into construction of a kit before actually purchasing the whole thing.

Long story short, the only thing I'm lacking is the barrel, but I don't trust myself with the assembly side of it all. I can't weld, and I have no metal-working equipment (much less the knowledge to use it).

Anyone having a build party for one of these guns?

Should I just sell the damn things and buy one already-made?

I got two receivers, about 20 mags, and one G3 parts kit, minus the barrel. (going to list the barrel as a WTB order, methinks)

One receiver says Cetme, the other says FAPSG1.

The description of the second one led me to believe that it could be used for either...but I'm an ignoramus.

Do people hold build parties for these? I'd like to build it, but I don't know how...I'd be willing to trade/pay for education/assistance.

I couldn't use the FAPSG receiver w/ the G3 kit?

Forgive the ignorant questions...I bought 'em in ignorance, obviously

You think the best thing to do would be let them appreciate, eh?

you know, I actually have buildt one, workign on another, i had maybe 500 in it finished which beats store bought prices easily. i dunno, honestly i didnt think it was that bad, yeah it was a bit tough but not ultra tough, find someone with a press and a welder and youll be good.

well as long as you get the headspacing right, youve solved one of the tough parts, getting the cocking tube to work smoothly seems to be another tough one for people, then there is the getting the lower to fit properly to allow for smooth operation. other than that its fairly straight forward.

i heard if you get a barrel already in a trunnion that makes it a lot easier as well because you will not need a press to press the barrel into a trunnion also makes head space easier but i guess that would be with a matching bolt.

boy...I got myself into a mess. This stuff might just become so much more trade-material.

Also, the auction says the kit includes the full-auto trigger group. I realize the possible crap I could get into if I keep it, so no warnings needed there. I want to get rid of it or possibly convert it to semi-auto only, any advice?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top