JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apparently dryfiring is hard on guns... Who knew... Anyway, i broke my cetmes firing pin at the very tip and a buddy suggested grinding the end down so it will fit through the bolt face and shimming the spring so i could keep using it. I already ordered a new pin from robert rtg, but i was wondering- is there anything wrong with my friends idea? Would the 1/8 in change in overall length make any real difference? I almost want to try it while i wait for the new one to come but it seems a little hokey.

To clarify, a new one is already on the way. I was more wondering if it was remotely possible. Fwiw i already told him he was an idiot when he suggested it, but it got me thinking... If parts weren't available, could it work?

To clarify, a new one is already on the way. I was more wondering if it was remotely possible. Fwiw i already told him he was an idiot when he suggested it, but it got me thinking... If parts weren't available, could it work?

In a case such as that I would build up the missing metal with a torch then reshape and re heat treat

About the only way to really fix any firing pin is to drill a hole down the middle of it and silver solder a shaft of drill rod to replace the tip and shape as necessary. Don't try and reshape a broken pin and shim up the spring, that's just begging for trouble. Since it's more difficult to repair a firing pin than it is to just replace it, buying a new one is your better option.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top