JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apparently dryfiring is hard on guns... Who knew... Anyway, i broke my cetmes firing pin at the very tip and a buddy suggested grinding the end down so it will fit through the bolt face and shimming the spring so i could keep using it. I already ordered a new pin from robert rtg, but i was wondering- is there anything wrong with my friends idea? Would the 1/8 in change in overall length make any real difference? I almost want to try it while i wait for the new one to come but it seems a little hokey.

To clarify, a new one is already on the way. I was more wondering if it was remotely possible. Fwiw i already told him he was an idiot when he suggested it, but it got me thinking... If parts weren't available, could it work?

To clarify, a new one is already on the way. I was more wondering if it was remotely possible. Fwiw i already told him he was an idiot when he suggested it, but it got me thinking... If parts weren't available, could it work?

In a case such as that I would build up the missing metal with a torch then reshape and re heat treat

About the only way to really fix any firing pin is to drill a hole down the middle of it and silver solder a shaft of drill rod to replace the tip and shape as necessary. Don't try and reshape a broken pin and shim up the spring, that's just begging for trouble. Since it's more difficult to repair a firing pin than it is to just replace it, buying a new one is your better option.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top